Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 19:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 00:57 

ok I tried the 10.3 preview yesterday and the BM seems to work good.

stupid thing is today I booted up my system and it started at triple cloned mode..

and I tried activiting a saved profile (eyefniity 3:1 with BM) and it didn't do anything.

now I have to redo the BM resolution like an idiot.

my last BM resolution was 6028x1200. it took me like 15 minutes to set it back to that again.

I have to use that res because I already got like 10 games preconfigured for that resolution. (some of them require INI.CFG and other manual editing to get the resolution). if I don't get the exact resolution back the games won't work

Is there a way to just manually set the BM resolution so I don't have spend 15 minutes messing with that triangle thing to get my exact resolution angain?

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 01:26 

Hmm.. I'm not having this problem. Anyone else? I'm at 6048x1200.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 04:45 

Have you tried getting it all setup, and then saving a profile? Just for the record, I only setup bezel management one time, in 3-screen Eyefinity. Then immediately set up Eyefinity once again without bezel management. Even though the native Eyefinity desktop starts up in 5760x1200 (no BM), I now have 6232x1200 as an available resolution for any game.

I've also found that the profiles (in 10.3 preview driver) are actually working, not the hotkeys, but the pull-down menu's work the FIRST time, every time. That's a good step forward for my system.

One thing that I have found that is quite strange - since installing this 5850, I have never been able to successfully reboot this computer and get the same resolution when the system comes back up. I ALWAYS shut the system down, wait 10 seconds, and start it up cold, and it maintains resolution. This one pretty much has me baffled.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 06:20 

tried it a few times.

with the new 10.3 preview drivers

my system won't shut down proper. it kinda hangs on shutdown. (but then again it was doing the same thing before the new drivers)

but now this time everytime I start up the desktop goes to 1920x1200 single screen :(
and I would have to do the whole create group + bM setting again.

at least before it use to stay on eyefinity span.