Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 16:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010, 10:37 

Hello guys,

Its my first post and I'm sorry if this subject has already been dealt with, but I'm having a NIGHTMARE time with Arma2.

I understand it can't be played at 5760x upwards and that you have to load the game in 1920x1080 (if thats your native rez) but I can't even get that going unless I launch into Window Mode via Steam.

Is there a guide to editing config files for Arma2?

Is there a patch for Eyefinity users?

Please help, I'm happy as child in a sweet shop with eyefinity, just a shame Arma2 is a pain.

Thanks guys,

BTW, check out my Youtube channel "bboymassuk" to see my setup. I'm very proud.hahahaha

Bboy

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010, 17:29 
Editors
Editors

Is there a guide to editing config files for Arma2?
Yes there are, and tons of them... on official and unofficial ArmA2 forums ;)
Check out the Confirmed Solution, too.

Resolution support should be native, though... and your problem seems unrelated to Eyefinity.
Is your game patched to v1.5 ?

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2010, 19:33 

I use steam for ArmaII so I should hope its patched and upto date.

Thanks for the link, reading now.

Thanks mate.

R.
bboymassuk

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010, 00:42 

I'll have to check out that link. I cannot even get the Arma II demo to start. I'm running it off of Steam. When I start the game, the screen goes black, then comes back up and I get an "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine" window pop up. I'd hate to reinstall my video driver just for this demo... hehe Works fine in all my other games.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 17:29 

I'll have to check out that link. I cannot even get the Arma II demo to start. I'm running it off of Steam. When I start the game, the screen goes black, then comes back up and I get an "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine" window pop up. I'd hate to reinstall my video driver just for this demo... hehe Works fine in all my other games.

Arma II has done this to me a few times......

I went into the configuration file (can't remember what its called) and put in a resolution of 1024 x 768.The game then started,and then i was able to choose the resolution that i wanted.

Case : Lian Li PC-A77FA Motherboard : Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z CPU : i7 [email protected] Memory : Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz GPU : MSI 680 GTX Lightning Screens : 3 x Dell U2311H PSU : Corsair AX1200 Hardrive : 1 x Western Digital 1TB SATA III 6