Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 21 Aug 2024, 11:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 21:43 

Good Evening from Europe.

I am banging my head onto my desk, i got a problem and hope you can help.

I got my new ati 5870 e6. Its my first ATI, i got 2 rigs, and i tried it on both, my problem is, the screen keeps black, with both pc.

What did i do:

The first one is an
MSI K9N2 Diamond
Phenom 9850 4x 2.5
8GB Corsair
bequite darkpower 750

uninstalled every nvidia driver, took out the nvidia card, installed the ati, cleared cmos, and everything kept black.

The board is an hybrid sli, updated bios to 2.6 but it made no difference. i dont even see the bios table on the screen. I use the delivered DP to DVI adapter, tried the second one and also baught a 3rd one. Tried every of the 6 ones.
The pc will boot, i am able to login vie teamviewer, installing any driver works, but after rebooting it tells me that there is no ati card found.

so i installed the nvidia again, everything works, tried the ati again (maybe i did not mount it correctly the first time)

i changed the power cables (searched the correct ampere the card needs but did not find it... maybe insufficienct power?? but the cards fan works, and its getting hot)

The same is with the 2nd one
Asus M4N72-E
Phenom II X4 955
4GB Corsair...

This is also an nvidia board (but shouldnt it work too??).

I got 2 solutions:

First is sending the card back :evil:

second, buying a new board (i have really no idea which one would be good, i am thinking about an i7 and ddr3, any suggestions?) I like this idea cause i know ddr2 will be my bottleneck, but i will go crazy if the problem occours again.

it would be the first time, that i got sent a damaged card,....

I am really really thankful for any idea, :oops:

1st: [email protected], MSI X58 Pro-e, 24 GB Tripplechannel 1333, TUL R9 280X and Powercolor 7970 @ Crossfire with 2x Samsung 226CW 1x Dell P2210 @ 5040x1050 and Iiyama 2250MTS @ 1920x1080, Bequit Darkpower P8 1200W, G13, G15, G35, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Rudder, Saitek Yoke, Obutto R3volution Cockpit
http://ralfesser.de