Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 12 Sep 2024, 12:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 19:42 

Hi guys, new here. Go easy on me :)

Okay I finally got my Dell *Bizlink* DP to DVI-D active adapter today and I'm having issues getting it to work. I'm using 3x Dell 2007FP's. All are connected with DVI. The displayport monitor is the one giving me issues. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get it to work. The computer seems to know that it's connected and the monitor does get a signal, so I don't have any "dvi cable not connected" messages, but the monitor seems to stay in standby with the "Orange" light. It doesn't ever go on and it never goes green.

Any advice?

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 21:20 
Editors
Editors

:welcome
The active DP is powered by the USB port, so perhaps there is something wrong there? :)

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 23:03 

I have tried every single USB port available on the backplate, but it's still the same. Windows/CCC cannot detect the monitor(s) at all. They seem to be stuck on standby.

The other I issue I have is I also have a monoprice dp to vga passive adapter. With this CCC can actually see the monitor, but it won't allow it to go on and gives link errors. It also makes the monitor go in and out of sleep mode intermittently.

So I have 2 different adapters and both don't work. :roll:

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 07:54 
Editors
Editors

First, try to force resolution on the screen connected with DP -> VGA adapter through the ATI tray icon. (To check if the resolution/refresh might be detected wrong)

Disconnect one of the screens (so you are left with one DVI and one DP). See if you get a picture then. (To check the port and adapters)

Try also to check the adapters with your 5570 and HTPC. (to rule out DP port issues)

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 15:24 

i was eyeing the dell display port active adapter, http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Cables/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=330-5521 being $89 is the same as some of the other adapters that work with eyefinity. mini dp and normal have different adapters but im assuming all work the same? or some don't work and some do?

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2010, 14:31 

I was tinkering with this the last couple of days. The active adapter doesn't work with my 5570 either. Same results as before.

I was able to test it on a friends 5770 and system - lo and behold... the Dell adapter works! Odd I thought... and at this point I feared that the DP port on my card is broken. I convince my buddy to borrow his card so I can actually test out my monitors. With his card in my system I was able to get all 3 monitors up and running in Eyefinity. But there are flickering issues that I will get into in a moment.

Before I went off and call Asus for a RMA, I decided to try my 5870 one last time. So in it went, and guess what... Everything just magically works now. Bizarre I tell ya!

Ok now on to the flickering issues. Every few minutes the DP connected monitor would go out and would get a 'out of signal range' error like non-supported resolution error. The only way I can seem to bring it back alive is to replug the DP adapter or cycle the USB power.

This is pretty frustrating. Any solutions?

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2010, 16:23 

Hi,

I've the same adapter and had the same problem.

I first commented on this thread:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18863

And the solution that worked for me was upping the 2D core speed via the advice on this thread:
http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=123699

Hope that help, since doing the core speed change in the AMD forum my DP connected monitor has not fallen asleep once.

Regards
Conor T.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 14:21 

I bought the same bizlink adapter from dell. I was getting the flashing display and some times the monitor would go into standby for a few minutes. I tried all the fixes with no sucess so my son had the same adapter for his setup. I hooked it up to my system and it worked great. I call the dell number off my order and they RMA'd the adapter. The new one they sent me worked great with no problems at all. I think it is hit and miss to get a working one. My son's friend also did an eyefinity setup and the one he got from dell worked without a problem. I would just contact dell and have them send you a new one to try.