Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 14:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 21:47 

I was hoping that the official 10.4's would have the 5x1 portrait but no luck. However it did fix the problem with my monitors going into Power save mode so thats a big plus!

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 21:50 

New video drivers hmmm?

I suppose I'll update then. Currently some games have an occasional 10-second freeze (max. once per session on Forged Alliance, though Trine managed it twice in a row, once), with Windows log claiming a graphics hardware crash... last time it mentioned displayport failure or something along those lines. Perhaps new drivers will end that permanently.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 21:55 
Founder
Founder

What made them go into power save?

I posted most of the interesting bits in the Release Notes here: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/ATI_Catalyst_Eyefinity_Feature_Changelog

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 22:20 
Founder
Founder

I was hoping that the official 10.4's would have the 5x1 portrait but no luck. However it did fix the problem with my monitors going into Power save mode so thats a big plus!

Edit: I changed the topic title a bit and made it a sticky. Going to keep it up for a while for general discussion on the new driver update.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 01:08 

Site must be down getting a server error when searching for the driver.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 01:55 

Having profile issues again. For some reason it will never remember my layout when switching from eyefinity to extended. Looks like the driver has re produced old issues again WTH, it takes two shortcut clicks to configure layout correctly. Why is that.

I have a question about uninstalling. I uninstall using the driver file, then restart and run driver sweeper in safe mode restart, then install new driver and restart. Everytime I do this. It always remembers my layout for extended. So I go ahead and save a profile and shortcut. I then create a group for eyefinity and save a shortcut.

After I do this I then click on my extended shortcut and my monitors are mixed up. I click on my eyefinity shortcut and it is perfect. I then click on extended shortcut and my monitors are mixed up differently.

What is going on? Also is there a new crossfire profile dl for the 10.4 drivers.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 02:07 

What made them go into power save?

Thats a good question... It all started when I put in the new eyefinity cards. I tried many different drivers and all resulted in the same thing. 2 of the 5 monitors would come on all the time but the other wouldn't unless I power cycled them. All is well now though :)
What is going on? Also is there a new crossfire profile dl for the 10.4 drivers.

I believer there is a new crossfire profile as well as a new Hydragrid

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 06:51 
Editors
Editors

After I do this I then click on my extended shortcut and my monitors are mixed up. I click on my eyefinity shortcut and it is perfect. I then click on extended shortcut and my monitors are mixed up differently.

I would imagine there is a re detection of screens after reinstall of drivers. You might avoid this, if they are connected according to detection order.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 17:22 

Going to go back to 10.3 one of my monitors keeps randomly just shutting off. I have never had this happen before and think this is what the above person was talking about monitor going into power saving mode. It is usually just one of my monitors. Also sometimes when I restart one of my monitors will just freeze and I have to unplug and plug it back in. I also just restarted a little bit ago and one of my monitors was going through a cycle mode of colors. Blue, Green, gray, white, red something like that and would just cycle I have to unplug it and plug it back in.

And then my profiles never work correctly. Even when I fix them and overwrite it they never remember the new settings. This is getting really really old. Again as I have said in the past there must not be any regression testing that takes place with new driver updates.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 18:04 

Dave can we get some kind of response to this. Why does this keep happening, are you aware of these issues. I just talked to a friend who just recently got 2 5870's first time going with ATI and he has had the same issue with his monitor just shutting off and he has had to unplug it and plug it back in as well just like I have. He said he had never had this problem before. I was talking to him about my problem and he said weird I have been having that problem too but he didn't know what it was. Now it seems to be we have figured it out to be a ATI problem. Note he is only using one monitor as well.

I am just curious if there is any testing that takes place. I am obviously not the only one having these problems so they can't say well it is a generic problem so it is hard to test. All of this is really really irritating and a huge inconvenience. I am trying to work on a senior project and my damn monitor just randomly shuts off. Then I have to go fiddle with it, this should not be happening.

I would just like to know if ATI is still aware of these issues and why they keep reproducing old problems. Is this part of there testing. Are we being the beta testers. I am just trying to see the future with ATI and what they are trying to achieve. Because if it keeps going on much longer. I am selling my cards. And I might just put them up for sale right now because this has happened over and over and over. While it keeps being reproduced. How about trying to fix the major problems in driver releases instead of squeezing 3% performance increase in very old titles that hardly anyone plays. I never understood the point of increase performance in such old titles. If that is not what they were trying to do then just leave it out of the release notes. Because as far as I am concerned that looks pretty lame.

PM me if you do not want to have this convo in the thread. Because I would really like to speak with someone about all the problems I have been having since I went to the red side. I would be more then happy to actually test for you if you need it. I have exp in testing so get back to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next