Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 06:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 16:40 

BUT they keep spamming on about how they think they'd have to move their head so much to see everything, like they think you'd have to keep looking 60 degrees left and then 60 degrees right like some demented dancer doin the robot while seated.

I guess the only way to convince some people would be to sit them down in front of it and let them see for themselves.

I've explained it three times now in the same thread on a different forum, i've done the "peripheral vision/blinkers removed/immersion" thing to death.

Venting here coz I at least know that you guys know the deal :D

/rant off

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 17:33 
Editors
Editors

BUT they keep spamming on about how they think they'd have to move their head so much to see everything, like they think you'd have to keep looking 60 degrees left and then 60 degrees right like some demented dancer doin the robot while seated.

Yes, ive read stuff like this many times. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 17:39 
Editors
Editors

Show them this:
http://sites.amd.com/us/underground/products/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-experience.aspx

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 17:55 

Show them this:
http://sites.amd.com/us/underground/products/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-experience.aspx

That's gonna save me some typing, never knew it existed, N1 :)

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 18:02 
Editors
Editors

Very nice Tamlin :cheers

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 04:10 
Editors
Editors

Spread it around! :cheers

I must say that its amazing how TH gaming has boomed after Eyefinity was launched. Now I only hope for more monitors with thinner bezels and some grace from my wife (who still call it Insanity) and I will choose a multi-mon solution myself. Want to see how Nvidia surround performs first, since I only get one shot at it myself from my wife, but if Nvidia surround doesn't bring anything extra to the table that I must have, I go Eyefinity. :)

Getting two more 2690WUXI would be overkill, so I am leaning towards getting 3X DP screens.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 19:03 
Editors
Editors

Very nice indeed. Much better than the Surround Gaming Site's edited screenies and list of Hor+/Vert-/stretch games mish mash...
Of course single-screen gaming and "Eyefinity with side screens off" is not quite the same thing, but it certainly is a brilliant demo to convert n00bz :P