Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 04:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2010, 01:30 

I have two Sapphire Toxic 5870 2gb cards, a Rampage III mobo, 12 gigs of Dominator 2000 ram, an Intel 980x @4ghz, Windows 7 64 bit and FIVE DISPLAYS

On the first 5870 I have three Dell U2410s
On the second 5870 I have two Mitsubishi HC38000 1080p projectors

I want to be able to either play three screen eyefinity on the dells or play two screen eyefinity on the projectors. You would think that this would be possible, and you would be right, however, it only works about 1 out of 50 times I try!

When I try and create an eyefinity group on the projectors only one display works and the other one fails and it will not extend the desktop to it unless I reboot and even after I reboot it will not let me create an eyefinity group with the projectors on the second card. I can play triple screen eyefinty fine with the dells but all hell breaks loose when I try to switch to the projectors. Like I said earlier, I have been able to get the second card to run my projectors as a primary eyefinity display group however I have only been able to get that to work twice and I have attempted over 100 times in the last two weeks!

If I unplug the dells and plug the projectors into the first card they work in an eyefinity group fine, however, I need and want everyting to work like it should and has (on those two rare occasions).

I am considering selling both of my Toxic 5870s for one Eyefinity 6 and seeing if that would be any better, but I really don't wanna sell my toxics for something that may not work either! Plus I love the toxics!

I am also considering running one of the projectors off of the hdmi source on the first card (yes I know its a duplicate of one of the DVIs) and then try and find a splitter for the other dvi and use that for the second projector so everything would be effectively off of the primary card. However, I cannot find any DVI splitter boxes that are affordable (I have seen prices for splitter boxes well over $300!). Any advice on an affordable splitter box, because I can see paying that kind of money for a gpu or cpu but not a friggin splitter box!

I am at my wits end and will be grateful for any help advice. Thanks!