Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 06:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 16:08 

My problem is this........When i start BFBC2 after i've changed dx version or resolution on my eyefinity setup I have to go into the settings ini and change the resolution there first and the dx version i wish to use before starting the game. Here is the thing though........The first time I change anything with my eyefinity setup or dx version on most games all three screens will alternately flash. So I boot up game after changing settings and maybe the right screen will flash then go black then the left screen will flash then go blank then the center and randomly switch screens over and over again until I hit control-alt-delete. Once I do this it some how interrupts the flashing and brings me to the screen where i would then hit task manager. Once that screen pops up I hit cancel. This somehow disrupts it and the game pops up. This is o.k. because I only have to do it once and I won't have to do it again until I switch resolutions of dx version in the settings ini. So as long as I keep the config i had the game will always boot right up. Hope that makes sense. I can go weeks months whatever with it working fine until I change something again and then I do the above mentioned technique.

So this works perfect in dx9 mode. It works perfect in dx10/11 mode as long as I'm in windowed mode. Once I try dx10/11 in fullscreen mode the blinking of screens never comes out of it's flashing until I change it to windowed mode. If I boot up and use this technique in windowed mode and then hit alt-enter it just starts flashing again until I change back to windowed mode. I don't know if the whole flashing screens thing is just my dp-vga adapter or something but it's o.k. because it works fine for ever after i use this above referenced technique but why would dx10 and 11 not work other then windowed mode. It's kind of annoying.

I'm running a acer 22" screen and 2 asus 22" screens all 1680x1050 running at 5248x1050 after bezel comp. I also have to use the technique everytime I do a bezel comp or setup my eyefinity the first time too. Anyway does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this. Maybe I will get a video of this too to post so some of you can actually see what I'm talking about. Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 05:14 

I was playing today and it didn't have any issues with the dp to SL dvi adapter. The only thing I had to fix was the FOV by editing the settings.ini

Maybe try editing that and make sure everything is correct

e.g

[WindowSettings]
Width=5040
Height=1050
Fullscreen=true

You did patch the game to 1.02 right?

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 15:41 

I was playing today and it didn't have any issues with the dp to SL dvi adapter. The only thing I had to fix was the FOV by editing the settings.ini

Maybe try editing that and make sure everything is correct

e.g

[WindowSettings]
Width=5040
Height=1050
Fullscreen=true

You did patch the game to 1.02 right?

CCC 10.8 fixed the game and every single bug that I have ever had with eyefinity. CCC 10.8 is ths shizznat!