Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 06:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 16:34 

Hello I have the most annoying problem with eyefinity ever.

I have 3 monitors 1 is not the same model as the other 2 but it support the same resolution and hz.

1. (odd one out) BenQ T2210HD (this is the one connected with the ACTIVE displayport from sapphire) - http://www.shopmania.co.za/graphic-cards/p-sapphire-displayport-to-dvi-active-adapter-cable-1677649 -
2. BenQ GL2240 dvi-dvi
3. BenQ GL2240 dvi-dvi

I run 6950 in crossfire and have tried switching places with the cards and using different ports, but end up the same.

I do the following.

Using drivers 11.10

1. extend the 2 disconnected monitors (2+3)
2. duplicate them to monitor 1 (my displayport monitor)
3. create the 3x1 group (everything fine and dandy so far)
4. It asks me if the screen looks ok or if I want to adjust it, now on the little box in CCC it does but they are still duplicated in real life.

If I say no and want to arrange them I get the blueboxes in CCC however in real life they are still duplicated.

5. Now it says "eyefinity duplicated" under desktop type.

If I go and try and change the resolution to any of the resolutions under "grouped" nothing happen and the eyefinity resolutions show up in games but if I switch them on it either crash or looks extremely weird on just 1 monitor.
Also my Eyefinity panel bar in CCC only shows create/disable eyefinity group and I know it should have more.

For some reason it wont let me choose extended desktop landscape that makes the 3 monitors into 1 big screen so I beg on my knees to you wizkids to help me with my problem.

I have managed to get it to work but I did also manage to disable it because I then had the option to choose "grouped bezel resolutions"

Post subject: Sounds like a driver
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 19:58 
Insiders
Insiders

Sounds like a driver problem.
Use driver sweeper and the re-install the latest.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 07:42 

How did you manage to get this working? I have the exact same issue! Please help!

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 14:56 

Okey got it working by doing the following;

1. Start Computer
2. Press f8
3. Choose start windows in safemode
4. Launch driver sweeper and get rid of everything AMD, restart computer and boot up in normal mode.
5. Download and Install the first CCC driver for the 6000 series (if you're using the 6000 series) I think it was 9.0
6. Download and install the new 12.1 Beta driver
7. SUCCESS

The reason why you need the 9.0 driver is because a certain ini you need gets deleted and isnt included in the new drivers from AMD and its because of that file you're not able to get eyefinity working!

Good luck and hope it helps it did for me!

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 05:48 

Thanks, i tried to get hold of the 9.0 driver had no luck, I did get it working eventually.

I got it to work by using two Active Mini Displayport to DVI adapters and the thrid monitor on DVI

Did the safemode thing but used the 11.11 driver off the bat.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 08:17 

I may be miss understanding you but...

DO not EVER make" eyefinity display" while you have your monitors while they are duplicated..

first ! Have your monitors as an extended desktop via Windows first ! first first. have a 3 monitor extended desktop

then create a eyefinity group..

then identify monitors ...
then choose the monitor which is your center monitor ... then click on that monitor that cooperates to your center monitor and create eyefinity group

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 09:59 

I may be miss understanding you but...

DO not EVER make" eyefinity display" while you have your monitors while they are duplicated..

first ! Have your monitors as an extended desktop via Windows first ! first first. have a 3 monitor extended desktop

then create a eyefinity group..

then identify monitors ...
then choose the monitor which is your center monitor ... then click on that monitor that cooperates to your center monitor and create eyefinity group

that wasn't the case, the case was AFTER making an eyefinity group they cloned.