Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Sep 2024, 03:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2012, 22:42 

Ok i have an eyefinity setup which i made mainly to play bf3. I have had 5770, a 6970, and how have the new 7970 directcuII. All of the cards have this Issue so I'm assuming its a HUD / game issue. I was wonder who has the same issue im having and if any one has found a solution for it.
Ok this is what happens. when you use any of the following Heat seekers and i believe laser designator on any aircraft or helicopter the Red square doesn't show up while locking on or when it is locked (i can hear while it is locking on and when it is locked, just no visual sign) . (This also happens with javelin) basically any weapon or vehicle that has the similar red square like the heat seekers.
the only kinda fix Ive found it by accident, for some reason when i loaded up the game (once) it didn't keep the HUD to the center monitor it stretched it across all 3 monitors. (didn't like this because ammo and mini map where on side monitors, but did like how all the flag and info wasnt compressed to one monitor )
I basically want to know is there any fix for this. in a perfect world i would prefer to keep Just mini map and ammo on main screen and have rest stretch across the 3 monitors (flags and other neon HUD info ) can i modify this any way?
thanks guys.
PS the Asus 7970 direct cu II is AWESOME if any of you have been thinking about it.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 03:25 

I have the exact same problem on my pc

Post subject: To sort out you problem
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 07:03 

To sort out you problem follow these steps..

Disable eyefinity group. You will then see in the vision control center all 3 monitors lined up with a "1" in each sceen.

Disable the far right display, then the middle display so that you are left with only the "1" display enabled on the left.

Now switch the displays back on by extending the desktop to them, starting with the middle one then the far right. So you end up with displays "1", "2", "3" showing.

Now set display "2" to your primary display. Then create your eyefinity group from the "2" display.

You can tell that it has worked because your big display will now have the number "2" in the middle.

When you run BF3 you will notice that the chat box and huds are now in the far corners of the outer monitors and the repair icon, and the stinger box are now working correctly..

This arrangment will reset every time you shut down your pc, but not if you put it in sleep mode ??

I worked this out due to my 3 x 1280x1024 monitors, which I blamed their 4:3 aspect ratio. I was wondering if this problem affected those with 16:9/16:10 ratio monitors. And I think it might change the field of view but it looks great so I've left it alone.
I would be interested to hear feed back from those with the bigger monitors..

Cheers and beers Shev.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 17:01 
Insiders
Insiders

This issue was finally fixed with the last patch.

Although the above solution worked, it made my HUD funny and put the "3D' icons on the outside screens, so i suffered with no visual lock indicator

So its just fine to set y our centre display back to #1, if you desire.