Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 08:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 06:32 

So I use DisplayFusion to manage my triple monitor setup, and that works great when I have my desktops set up in extended mode, 3x1920x1080. However, if I switch to Eyefinity, 5760x1080, I lose the ability to maximize to a specific monitor if desired, and every application automatically spans across all three. Any good fix for this? I am not opposed to extra software.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 16:57 
Editors
Editors

AMD Hydravision is made for that!

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 18:42 

AMD Hydravision is made for that!

I have seen Hydravision mentioned, but I wasn't sure if it was what I needed. Is it included in CCC somewhere? Or a separate download?

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2012, 17:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Many Beta packages have it, but... http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/hydravision.aspx

Two versions, one basic and on Full. No idea what the differences are, i always just grab the full version.

Post subject: How do you activate
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 06:26 

How do you activate Hydravision as of 12.6?

Post subject: If you have Hydravision
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 17:38 
Insiders
Insiders

If you have Hydravision installed, I it puts a section at the left side of your Catalyst Control Centre window. There is also and .exe that you can run directly, but I cannot recall what it's called... it'll be in your ProgramFiles(86)ATI Technologies folder

I think Ultramon can also pull this feat off without much trouble, though I'm unsure if the free version will do it... There are a coupel other threads discussing this, so maybe search for those.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 07:23 

Hey, I've been spending the better part of half the day trying to figure out a way to manage windows and snapping, and I've already tried Hydravision
After installing either the Full or Basic Hydravision and restarting, it just pops up with a windows saying that no current AMD drivers are loaded, which is weird, because CCC is up and running fine
My CCC is updated to Version 2012.0611.1251.21046

Does anyone know what's going on here? Any other possible solutions?

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2012, 01:25 

I got Hydravision to work, but when switching between Eyefinity and Extended modes, via Win+P, my Hydragrid gets all goofed up. :(

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2012, 04:00 
Administrators
Administrators

Hey, I've been spending the better part of half the day trying to figure out a way to manage windows and snapping, and I've already tried Hydravision
After installing either the Full or Basic Hydravision and restarting, it just pops up with a windows saying that no current AMD drivers are loaded, which is weird, because CCC is up and running fine
My CCC is updated to Version 2012.0611.1251.21046

Does anyone know what's going on here? Any other possible solutions?

I had the same problem with Hydravision, one of the reasons I moved to Nvidia Surround. I never got it working but hopefully someone else has.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2012, 11:37 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm going to assume that most of you get the Hydravision package from AMD's website, perhaps from the hydravision page (as Abram linked to above), or by searching for "hydravision" in a search box.

However, you should be actually getting it from here:

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx#1

This is for the Catalyst driver (for win7 64 bit - change this for your operating system). On this page, you will see two tabs at the top: one is "AMD Catalyst Packages" and the other is "Optional Downloads". It's the optional downloads tab that you want - click this and download the hydravision package from there. This will stop you getting the dreaded "no driver installed" thing that AussieTimmeh was getting above :)

When you change to a newer catalyst driver in future, go back to that page and download the newer hydravision if needed.