Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 05:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2010, 22:41 

I just bought a TH2G for some surround gaming and such and I cant get it to work. The USB is giving me trouble. When I use the wizard, it tells me this:

Product Detected: Matrox hardware detected. Retrieving product information...

it just sits there and doesnt do anything else. Any clue to what this is? The company says its broke but I dont think it is.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 01:42 

Also the light is orange when it is powered.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 02:36 
Editors
Editors

First you should only connect the matrox using the USB (not the video cables), update the firmware (if necessary), then follow the instructions (reboot) and connect the video cables (3 monitors etc...), and then install the matrox powerdesk. Reboot once more and your adapter should be recognized and ready to be used.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 02:38 

I cant even update the firmware. It gives me an error that it doesnt detect the device.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 02:58 

I tried all that and it doesnt work. It doesnt even detect the monitors connected to it.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 23:00 

Ive looked and have tried everything that gave info on the site but still nothing has worked. It still gives me the USB problem. If anyone can help, please let me know.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 23:58 

Found the problem I think. The device isnt powered enough. My USB ports wont give it enough power to function. Is there any way around this? I also tried using a hub but the hub wouldnt even read on my PC. Soo I am stumped.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010, 09:16 

BUMP to this topic, I tried updating my unit so I could take advantage of the 5040 fix and cant update the firmware and get the exact same thing, found it, retrieving data..................................... and waiting forever.

It is plugged into the same USB port that I was using before when it was working fine......and only played up after Win7 updated my Vid drivers for me and changed the TH resolution.....

I have no idea what is going wrong and am pissed at Matrox for this whole fiasco and nVidea for not giving 2 hoots about its customers and needs. + the fact that they wont/cant release thier surround drivers even though you can buy thier latest cards....

ATI are starting to look like they will be getting my business for 2 x new graphic cards for my I7 and 2 more when I update my work computer to an I7 as well.....

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2010, 01:43 

My 2 cents.

First check USB, now if it is a hub and you are plugging it into the same hub and same position as before it still may not work because of 2 reasons.
1) increased load on the hub from other hardware plugged into the hub.
2) errors that occur with usb ports that can affect some hardware but not others due to corrupted, conflicting drivers or whatever (I can't remember exactly I did research on it a long-time ago) so try changing the port.
Also
3) try buying this hub and use 1 of the 2 high-powered ports (I did this) - Targus 7-port USB Hub
4) If you updated your graphics drivers try uninstalling Matrox, shut down, start-up, redefine your custom resolution, choose this resolution for windows then shut-down, start-up, check resolution was "kept" then reinstall Matrox.

In other words try to fix each and every problem with your PC first.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2010, 13:17 

My problem was fixed. I had to sent it back because it was a defect but I got a new one from them and it works great.