Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 06:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2010, 16:42 

Hi All,

Forst of all, Hi! I am new to the forum so I hope you guys can help me with the current problem I have. Recently, for xmas, I got Three NEC MultiSync EA241WM Monitors and a TripleHead2Go Digital Edition to connect these displays up. I am currently running at 4080 x 768, but everything just seems really very big when looking at the monitor. I play on Flight Simulator X and even when zoomed out to the maximum zoom out I can get I still have to look down to see the instrumentation and then the view outside the front window is lost, purely because its off the monitor.

I have run all the configs properly, I think and hope I have... But something just doesn't seem right. These are awesome monitors and I'm not sure why they are not cooperating. Each display is I think 1920 x 1200. It makes wonder even if these monitors are actually compatible with the triple head 2 go...?

Could you help me out?

Thanks very much!

Tristan

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2010, 18:57 
Insiders
Insiders

Well most of the problem is that the resolution is way too low for that monitor, also is the wrong aspect ratio.

What video card are you using?

You should be trying to get 5040x1050@59Hz It's the closest res to your monitors that the TH2Go can use.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010, 02:58 

Well most of the problem is that the resolution is way too low for that monitor, also is the wrong aspect ratio.

What video card are you using?

You should be trying to get 5040x1050@59Hz It's the closest res to your monitors that the TH2Go can use.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 285 :)

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2011, 01:52 

To manually configure Flight Simulator X: Acceleration for Surround Gaming with TripleHead2Go (for advanced users):

1.On the Windows Start menu, click Run.
2.In the text box that appears, type: %appdata%MicrosoftFSX
3.Click OK.
4.In the directory that opens, double-click the fsx.cfg file, and open it using Notepad (or another text editor).
5.Within fsx.cfg, in the [Display] section, locate the "WideViewAspect" parameter. (You can use the "Find" function in Notepad to make this easier).
6.The default setting is "WideViewAspect=False." Change the line to read "WideViewAspect=True."
7.Save your changes, and exit Notepad.

Taken from Microsoft FSX page
http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/tips/Pages/AccelerationandTripleHead2Go.aspx

Hope this helps.

Have a read of this post too if runway lights are odd
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15048

3 new monitors and a TH2Go for Xmas, wow !

Edit:
Get yourself a Track-Ir if looking around the cockpits is difficult, bloody great gadget really brings FSX to life.
And if you want a flight sim that you can shoot stuff with (ok with a simpler flight model) get one of the Arma2 series, go to the armoury and choose an aircraft.
You may want to edit the config if you can't be bothered getting the points to unlock stuff, but thats easy.
Operation Arrowhead was in a steam sale not long ago for £9.99 , great value .