Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 00:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2011, 00:21 
Insiders
Insiders

I keep on waffling around with the idea of 5x1 or 6x1 projection. I just can't get motivated on it though. I think my current focus is getting good projection height and dialing that in on my setup. I'm currently projecting 60" but want to jump up to 72" by repositioning the projector mounts. I'm also experimenting with new screen materials. The Rose Brand Tendo works, but the bowing annoys me a bit. I want to find a material to achieve a flat uniform curvature. Plywood and Masonite are appealing for that but those are most definitely not portable builds.

I've finally swapped out from my EX525ST to the GT720. I'm using the old tubing frame I used for Blacktop Nationals 2011, CES 2011 and the 6800-Series Launch. I'm not happy with the complexity of the frame, but it serves it's purpose for daily use.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2011, 14:17 

We tried our 360 rig with 5 of the gt700 and it worked OK but as you said all the games we tried don't generate a rear image (we will keep looking) we also need to make some good 360 media.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2011, 00:06 
Insiders
Insiders

We tried our 360 rig with 5 of the gt700 and it worked OK but as you said all the games we tried don't generate a rear image (we will keep looking) we also need to make some good 360 media.

Yep, the difficulty is finding content. FSX will work, it just takes a bit of configuring. Also custom video would work, just need to sit down in Adobe CS5 and produce it. For a consumer projector the Optoma GT700 and GT720 are dirt cheap to buy. They don't have all the luxury settings on them but they do what is needed once you get the mounting locations right. I've never quite figured out Optoma's reasoning behind making both the GT700 and GT720. They have same price point, just seem to be sold though different retailers. As I understand it, the bulbs are only very slightly different and that's the only change.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21