Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Sep 2024, 02:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 19:30 

Hi all,

After 6 years i tried again to get to surround gaming , my first setup was trippehead2go analog with 3x17" it was like the perfect thing in the world, but after few years we moved to another house and we goth both 1 24"screen with and we where happy.

But a few weeks ago i saw in a flash that tripplehead2go digital , and i though yes, so i speak to my wife and she say yes :)
So now i do have :

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 3x Iiyama e24o7hds all are DVI !

After some playing around and get used to it and manage to get my resolution to 5760x1080, 6hz,
and i`ve done some updates and the firmware updated , ive got the latest NVIDIA drivers,

However , i got some "noise" over my screens (all of them) i don`t know how i`ll do better explain then this but it is not all the time and very random and are small dots or little lines white or red that are flashing,
Is this bad and can it be fixed ? or is it my dual dvi cabel form my video to the tripplehead2go (5m long)

Sneaker

Post subject: I, too, just got my
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 04:03 

I, too, just got my TripleHead2Go DE out of mothballs after about 13 months of not using it. I am noticing exactly the same thing with mine. I've noticed that it's _only_ on screens that are all black (eg, loading screens or on the left and right monitor when color images are on the center monitor). The monitors are all fine on their own (I've tested them) and the TH2G only does it when in 5040x1050 mode and displaying large fields of black.

I've played around with different things and noticed that it doesn't happen if I move a large field of color onto one of the offending monitors.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 20:21 

excactly the things i see yeah , only i`ve got a brand new one ..

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 21:33 

it really makes me think it's something in Matrox's firmware (possibly a side-effect of their fix for 5040x1050 @ 60Hz).

Post subject: I have contacted Matrox
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 21:42 

I have contacted Matrox support about this issue.

Post subject: I provided Matrox with
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 04:34 

I provided Matrox with firmware and driver information, a Windows System Checker log, and video of the problem in action.

The support staff claim that the issue has been passed to the "product team" to try and reproduce this. Hopefully that doesn't mean that they're just schluffing me off. I encourage others to file Matrox support cases as well.

The more attention we can bring to this the more likely we are to get it resolved.