Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 02:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: need help with powerdesk
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009, 20:06 

well my problem is that powerdesk keep changing my resolution, basically i use a nvidia custom resolution to give me the resolution of 5040 by 1050 at 59.489hz but the latest nvidia driver think my native resolution is 3840 by 1024, anyway by a lot of research on my system i found out that the wizard can use 59hz and 57z but i can't use anything lower then 59.489 on the dot

so i figered that it might be in a file that the wizard get the information to do the resolution information, so i called matrox they told me that they put limitation in there software for idiot users "they didn't used "idiot" word but that how it sounded" well i been using a specialized computer for years and am sure some of you agree with me, most of the people that buy this kind of gear are people that mostly know what there doing lol

anyway the help am hunting is there a way to make the wizard think 59.489 then just 59.000?

or by pass or disable the auto resolution change by force that been pissing me off lol

anyway currently powerdesk is disabled from boot "not removed from the registry" and the service is also disabled but not removed until i find a way to fix it

BTW: am using the latest nvidia driver, powerdesk, firmware

Thanks for Reading