Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 02:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2008, 08:24 

I would buy 2 triple heads... but the thing with that is that each of my monitors need to have at least 2 dvi inputs no? My sammy has only a dvi and a vga.

You can use VGA inputs too, but then you'll have to buy optional DVI --> VGA adapters for your secondary TripleHead2Go.

In addition, you should be able to mix VGA and DVI connections:
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/faq/#31

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2008, 23:21 

I thought on the TH2Gd you could use 1 of either dvi or vga input but the 3 outputs remained digital?

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2008, 13:38 

I thought on the TH2Gd you could use 1 of either dvi or vga input but the 3 outputs remained digital?

Outputs can be either digital or analog, but DVI-to-VGA adapters are not included in the TripleHead2Go package. They are optional "upgrades".

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2008, 21:44 

The three Digital TripleHead2Go outputs are DVI-I (DVI integrated), meaning they output analogue and digital signals. They are just like the DVI-I connections on modern GPUs, which means they can be adapted to VGA with simple adapters without difficulty.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2008, 22:49 

All I was saying is that there's no link between input and output,

if input is digital you can output analog or digital
same if input is analog too.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2010, 03:25 

I'd like to save someone else the headaches I spent buying 2 different KVM switches and spending 2 days trying to make the T2G DVI work through them with a WinXP and Win7 PC. They just won't do it. The second one I bought was an IOGear GSC1782, which supports high resolutions and DDC, but when you feed the TripleHead2Go DVI with it, you get only the #1 display. Without the KVM in the loop the T2G works great.

So I am returning the KVM switch. If anyone ever manages to pull this off I would like to know how they did it and what KVM they found which will carry the 3840x1024 needed for the 3 displays. When the KVM is in use, the display only has 3 resolutions available, which top out at 1280x1024 x 1. The GXM program doesn't list any higher than that until I remove the KVM switch. Then it lists the selections needed for triple displays.

I also tried to use a DVI to VGA adapter on the output of the KVM, to try and send it to the T2G's VGA input and try that, but the displays remained dark. I know the VGA input works because I have used it when I did not have the KVM switch.