Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 07:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanks to this forum
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2008, 07:37 

I just wanted to say thank you. I have recently bought a Matrox TripleHead2go and have been going nuts for days trying to get the triple 1680x1050 (5040x1050) resolutions working. Multiple emails to Matrox Tech Support, multiple uninstalls and reinstalls of Matrox software.

And this place finally comes up in a Google search (I finally searched for the right thing!) and within minutes of coming here I understand what is going wrong and how to fix it!

I got my Matrox TripleHead2Go on Tuesday. It finally works the way I thought it would work late Friday night/early Saturday morning, and that's only because of the threads here.

You guys are a great resource and I didn't want to just take without saying thanks!

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2008, 07:41 

kewl glad to hear it.. not that im a regular by any means...

Im curious though, what kind of monitors did you buy for your setup?

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2008, 07:58 

I was looking at all sorts. I actually had ordered some Dells and they canceled my order because I hadn't ordered recently enough that they turned off my account! Grrr. By the time that got sorted out, they were out of them.

So I went down to CompUSA (nee' TigerDirect) to see what they had and they had these Acer P223Ws on sale for $199 each.

I read the thread here about the other Acers scaling 1680x1050 wrong, but these don't seem to have that problem (and glad I am, let me tell you!)

My biggest complaint is that the stand is a bit short. I need to raise them up so they will be more easily at my eye level (and I'm 6'5 so that's a bit of a raise).

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2008, 08:12 
Insiders
Insiders

My biggest complaint is that the stand is a bit short. I need to raise them up so they will be more easily at my eye level (and I'm 6'5 so that's a bit of a raise).

I reckon you could get a lot closer to your eye height by sitting down! Works for me ;)

Post subject: Re: Thanks to this forum
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2008, 09:00 
Founder
Founder

And this place finally comes up in a Google search (I finally searched for the right thing!) and within minutes of coming here I understand what is going wrong and how to fix it!

What searches didn't turn up the WSGF? Would like to optimize my META keywords if possible.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2008, 10:28 

Ooh, that's a tough one. I was searching for things that I thought were relevant. I think I searched "5040x1050 games" a few times, and "matrox triplehead2go game". I'm not sure now what search actually did find this place, but I'm glad it did!

As for sitting down... yes, that helps, but the monitors are still about 6 inches lower than my perfect eye height would be and they don't have vertical adjustments like on my Dell 24" Ultrasharps (on my other systems).

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2008, 13:57 

or even google adwords.

:D

Welcome, its good to see you found this website so useful for you. Alot of the triplehead technology is harder to get to work out of the box, stick around. I'm sure the use of your skills will come in handy!