Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 12:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Nv Stereo 3d and TH2Go
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2009, 08:34 

Hi all,

I haven't exactly been sitting back watching it unfold - being in Australia makes it a tad difficult to obtain the NVidia stereo kit to try a few things out as I was sure there was going to ways around some of the marketing caveats people are laying down like laws of physics.

However, I came across this thread where it's tackled with some conviction and variation (you might need to log in to see images).

Doesn't help the monitor owners yet but is a welcome sign for the projector users and existing stereo nuts in the short term.

Garry

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2009, 15:54 

Clearly the user in that linked post has money and technical knowledge to throw at the problem, but it's still impressive. I didn't realize there was any way to get modern shutter glasses working at 85 Hz.

I got to try nVidia 3DVision at E3, albeit on a single monitor, and it was very impressive. Having that sort of imagery on a triplehead rig would be amazing.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2009, 02:09 

Yeah, we've been using CrystalEyes specs/emmiters for a few years now with TH2Go. Works great, even at 85Hz. Downside was OpenGL only on Quadro cards (if that's a downside).

Our old Barcos would do anything but I have been using basic NEC DLPs at 85Hz as well with not bad results.

What I found fascinating is that NVidia emitters and specs had issues with some non-certified displays but NVidia emitters and some 3rd party specs didn't!

I'd love to know how the current crop of brighter 1080p DLP projectors deal with it (single screen).

I would also probably suggest that with fast FPS style games (target=pov), its not a bad idea to experience what NVidia are trying to sell (true 120Hz) before new users go their own way. It may be less critical for other styles of navigation.

Cheers

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2009, 09:48 

I still have some eDimensional glasses lying around somewhere. After reading that some were using em with dlp projectors I thought about trying it. What's stopping me is, is there any way it could damage the projector ?