Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 08:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 05:53 

Great news!

Now to enjoy some triple monitor gaming goodness!

Yeah, only problem is my games will not play at this resolution! Man, I swear thei striplehead2go is about to meet the hammer!

I mean, seriously! If 5040x1050 works in windows why won't any games, or the SGU recognize it?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 06:51 
Administrators
Administrators

[quote]Great news!

Now to enjoy some triple monitor gaming goodness!

Yeah, only problem is my games will not play at this resolution! Man, I swear thei striplehead2go is about to meet the hammer!

I mean, seriously! If 5040x1050 works in windows why won't any games, or the SGU recognize it?
I often found I had to apply the latest update patches to games to get them to work at 5040x1050. Pretty much all the games I play support it, bar some older ones.

What games are you trying to play? I am sure you have tried this, but worth doing a search on this forum for the game(s) in question and see if anyone has been able to run them.

BTW I am looking to purchase some more TH2Gs second-hand so don't hit it with a hammer ;)

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 13:39 

FSX, and NFS Shift

They ahould work fine.

Everytime I restart windows goes nuts on me.

It changes my primary monitor to my 4th monitor. It also messes up it's position. It sits centered over my middle monitor, and it makes it like it is sitting to the left of the triplehead.

So as I start fixing that, it changes the resolution back to 3840x1024 and throws all my shortcuts, and gadgets everywhere.

This really sucks, and is probably why the games will not recognize the new resolution, but I cannot figure out how to fix it.

I am going to start a new thread, as this is a seperate problem...