Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 03:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2009, 00:28 

Alright so i was able to run the wizard and get 5040x1050, after about minute all the screens went black and the little box that says " Not optimum Mode Recommended Mode 1680x1050 60Hz" are floating around the screen. Anyone run into this problem or know a solution? Thanks.

So it looks like the video signal is lost for some reason after about 30 seconds, i can control my computer via logmein, it's running fine it's just for some reason the screens are black with that floating message... ideas?

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009, 23:26 

That's very strange. Have you check the LCD compatibilty sticky in this forum?

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2009, 08:40 

Big thanks to gslooney, your video made it quite easy to navigate through and get the right drivers on my system after the Win 7 upgrade, even for a complete computer phobe/noob like my self. Cudos for taking the time to share :D

Mike

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 16:46 

Okay, I think I have it working now. I did the following:
1. Delete all the contents of the C:NVIDIA folder.
2. Starte the 182.50 install, but quit (so it will just copy the drivers to the NVIDIA folder).
3. Uninstall the current driver from Device Manager.
4. Restart
5. The 182.50 drivers will auto-install on reboot (DO NOT RESTART AFTER)
6. I repeat DO NOT RESTART
7. Go to Device Manager and 'Update Driver'
8. Choose the path of 182.50 Drivers (should be C:NVIDIAWinVista64182.50English)
9. You will be told the drivers are up to date.
10. Restart
11. At this point, the driver is installed, but the control panel and physx are not.

--To install the control panel and PhysX--
(Note: Mine would not install with the 'English' driver set. I would just get the same error again and have to start all over.)

11. Download the International version of 182.50 Drivers
12. Start the install, but quit like before (this will create a new directory in the NVIDIA folder. Instead of 'English' you will see 'IS'.)
13. Run the Setup.exe (not the other executable) within that folder and install the drivers as you normally would. (I don't know if this is necessary, but I turned on compatibility mode to 'vista sp2' and checked 'run as administrator')
14. Restart
15. You can then run the PhysX executable in the driver folder or download it from the NVIDIA site.

That was it for me. Everything seems to be working now. Hope this helps. Thanks for the video link. I wouldn't have gotten this far without it.

EDIT: Everything seems to work but Aero. I can live with that.

Great guide, but I have a little Problem that I cannot solve. At point 5 Windows 7 installs some 185 Drivers and not 182. After that I cannot downgrade the driver because Windows says "Drivers are up to date"

Can someone help me with that?

I tried and installed the 182.50 via the setup.exe and now I have my desktop running at 5040x1050 but the games still only provide a maximum of 3840x1024. Is this the Aero-Problem??

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 17:50 
Insiders
Insiders

Great guide, but I have a little Problem that I cannot solve. At point 5 Windows 7 installs some 185 Drivers and not 182. After that I cannot downgrade the driver because Windows says "Drivers are up to date"
Windows might be automatically downloading drivers for the newly driverless hardware. Disable your network adapter or just unplug it from the wall, then try again. Also try using some sort of driver cleaning software. I use driversweeper from Guru3D.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 09:02 

[quote]Great guide, but I have a little Problem that I cannot solve. At point 5 Windows 7 installs some 185 Drivers and not 182. After that I cannot downgrade the driver because Windows says "Drivers are up to date"
Windows might be automatically downloading drivers for the newly driverless hardware. Disable your network adapter or just unplug it from the wall, then try again. Also try using some sort of driver cleaning software. I use driversweeper from Guru3D.

Thanks for the reply.

The driver ist not downloaded; it's implemented in the Windows7 Driverstore. I also coudn't delete it, because Windows7 did not let me delete files in the specific system folder.

I finally made it by installing the 182.50 Driver from the setup.exe. After that I was immediately able to turn the desktop the maximum resolution (5040x1050).

Then I had the problem, that my primary game (Lord of the Rings online) did not recognice the max resolution. I had to switch off DX10 then choose the resolution and then reactivate DX10. In addition to that it only runs at window mode at the max resolution.

But now it all works and it's biiiiiiiiiiiig :D