Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 03:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Win7 cant see TH2GO
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 06:09 

I had a TH2GO DE working fine on XP but after upgrading to Win7 I cant run the Set up Wizard because it says the unit is not connected. It is connected and the little light is green.

In fact the screens are working fine at 3840 x 1024. Win7 can only see 1 big screen.

Any ideas what I have or haven't done?

Post subject: Re: Win7 cant see TH2GO
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 13:12 

Check screen resolution (right click desktop), is your Display: Matrox TripleHead2GO Digital Edition?
Last format I had the issue where it simply said display over DVI for me. Try running the last Firmware update.

Once that's done, follow the sticky at the top how to get your rig working with W7 and the latest Nvidia drivers.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 20:19 

Thanks Kaimelar

No display screen resolution setting is not Matrox TripleHead2GO Digital Edition.

I am trying to run the last firmware update but i cant get past the first stage because it will not recognise that the TH2GO is connected. I have triad different USB ports but still no go.

Win7 device manager does show it connected althought it show the correct name it doesn't know any details Manufacturer etc.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2009, 12:49 
Editors
Editors

Did you install Powerdesk ? (Although Windows can display the full name of the device, it still needs a driver to operate it properly.)
If you did, try this: in Device Manager, open Matrox TripleHead2Go and click 'Update driver...' and point the installer to C:Program FilesMatrox GraphicsPowerDesk. This should install GXM.ini automatically and your monitor should now be reported as Matrox TripleHead2Go.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 01:43 

Thanks scavvenjahh. I tried Device Manager, found Matrox TripleHead2Go and clicked 'Update driver...'

and get the following message;

Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date

but the is no GXM.ini file in C:Program FilesMatrox GraphicsPowerDesk. (there is a GXM.inf file)

Can I just download that file and stick it in there?

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 01:54 

Looking at the GXM.inf file it says it's for NT signature="$WINDOWS NT$"

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2010, 05:05 

Heh very late response but I had the same problem. Upgraded from Vista32 to Win7 64 and while I had triple head working in generic mode I could not install any Matrox software because it said I did not have the hardware installed.

The only way I fixed it was to unplug the USB power cable from the back of my PC and then plugged it into a DIFFERENT USB port and it saw it straight away thus ending the problem and I could then install the software.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 01:13 

Thanks Shrubbo but I tried that, in fact I have tried all the different USB ports and still no go.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 19:47 

Clean install or upgrade over previous OS?
If so, try a clean OS install instead.

If it's a clean install, try and see if everything is hooked up properly, is there a red/green light on the matrox box? Is your USB ports working normally? USB v1 or v2?