Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 08:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 00:34 
Administrators
Administrators

Interrogative: Will games see the res also once saved as a profile?

For me, if the games supports 5040x1050, then I can select it in game or use the SGU to select it. Some games just won't support it of course, especially older ones.

So I moved my TH2G that I was using at 5040 on both Vista and 7 to a customers Windows XP machine and its weird but it feels like the some settings are stored in the TH2G. I installed the Matrox PowerDesk and the wizard started up, I chose 'Configure existing device', Triplehead, then selected Widescreen Modes and chose 1680x1050x57Hz x3 (still in the wizard) and straight away, she working. I am not sure I had the 1680x1050 option when I originally set the TH2G up in that menu in Vista. Saved the profile (chose the option about saving for all displays, the far right save), then saved a single screen profile the same way, setup the hotkeys, and she working on 191.07 on XP just like it did with Vista and 7.

I assume everyone is suing the DVI cable that comes with the TH2G and not the VGA cable when trying to get 5040? Just checking.

Post subject: W7 th2go
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 01:21 

Aero active for me no pb

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 02:50 

its weird but it feels like the some settings are stored in the TH2G

This is definitely my feeling too, although I have nothing to prove it with since I've only switched rigs once.

I have had several problems because it seems the device keeps some settings even if you reflash the firmware or you reset it to factory settings through the PowerDesk. It would perhaps explain why I cannot select or activate several of the resolutions I have had working at an earlier time (they are greyed out and already checked, see above).

I had a fully working XP setup at 57 hz, but I have had no luck with Win7 64-bit (on a different rig). I will try to set it all up on the new XP installation on the old box and see if I can get it all working there, when I get the time.