Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 10:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2009, 18:07 

Do you have to run FSX in Virtual Cockpit mode in order to be able to get the TripleHead2Go view to work or can you also run FSX in the regular 2D cockpit view?

In other words, I need to know if FSX expands the view to the 3 screens via the TripleHead2Go adapter on the regular view and one can just get rid of the 2D panels and show these on another monitor.

Thanks for any help...

Post subject: rply
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2009, 19:50 

When you play FSX on triplehead2go, the 3D cockpit will be spread all throughout the 3 monitors.

Yes you can use a 4th monitor for just about anything you want(e.g. 2D cockpit, 3rd person view of the plane, etc.). The 2D cockpit is stretchable, resizable, and movable to anywhere you want it to be.

Post subject: Re: rply
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2009, 02:55 

When you play FSX on triplehead2go, the 3D cockpit will be spread all throughout the 3 monitors.

Yes you can use a 4th monitor for just about anything you want(e.g. 2D cockpit, 3rd person view of the plane, etc.). The 2D cockpit is stretchable, resizable, and movable to anywhere you want it to be.

Ok, so in other words, the 2D view can ALSO be spread to all 3 monitors, just as the 3D cockpit view does? Or does one simply needs to manually resize the 2D view to expand and fill the 3 monitors?

Post subject: rply
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2009, 14:14 

I do not personally use the 3 monitors for the 2D cockpit but I think it does spread out to all 3 monitors. One thing though, it doesn't look good. It will be stretched too much. I think that is the main reason why I don't use the 2D cockpit on the three monitors. Anyhow, you can always resize them. Everytime you start a game, the default 2D cockpit will be spread out so you have to resize them each and every time you start a flight.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2009, 14:42 
Editors
Editors

HondaCop, your sig is far too large, please shorten it to be in accordance to the rules stated on your profile page.
Have PM'd you about this matter too. Thanks.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2009, 15:25 

HondaCop, your sig is far too large, please shorten it to be in accordance to the rules stated on your profile page.
Have PM'd you about this matter too. Thanks.

How about now?

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2009, 03:37 

I've used FSX on my DTH2G in both 3D and 2D modes. IMHO, I prefer 3D mode since I also use TrackIR so the 3D cockpit is more immersive for me.

PostPosted: 03 May 2009, 15:40 

I use my TH2Go for three 22"widescreens and a fourth 20" in the bottom center for my 2D cockpit (as explained above). I have several switch modules/panels added to a simple cockpit "face" I cut from a wood panel, for the fouth (analog) screen and switch panels. It's very very realistic. Don't use 3D (anymore) with TH2Go as it is very wide and restricts the scenic view out the windscreens to about half. I drag and drop the 2D panel to fit the fourth center cockpit screen
Only problem I've had is trying to get the higher widescreen 5040 res. I've been trying for months now (searching the forums here and there for answers) to no avail.
But the 3060 res is very adequate.

Ken
How exactally would I upload a picture/image to show you'all?

PostPosted: 21 May 2009, 05:58 

KanadaKen, if you are running an ATI card you won't be able to get 5040 res, they don't support it and no prediction if it will ever be supported. You have to use an Nvidia card. My ATI 3870 is for sale for that reason.

I'd like to see your setup, I'm building a twin engine cockpit at home in Edmonton. I have a bunch of surplus aircraft panels, switches etc donated from an avionics tech friend who's also built a Hercules simulator in his basement. We use Hagstrom I/F boards for the interfacing and are doing the same at the Alberta Aviation Museum. There we have 5 simulators: a DC6 commercial sim that PWA donated, two small enclosed sims and a tabletop twin engine simulator that were donated from flying schools, and a B25 panel. TH2Go figures prominently in them all for the immersive experience.

PostPosted: 21 May 2009, 15:44 

Thanks for info.
I use Nvidia 9800GTX+.
Powerdesk, SGU, and FSX do see those 5040 res. But the Nvidia Native Res is only at 3680 etc... I once upon a time did get the Nvidia native res at 5040, but then the SGU only max'ed out at 3840...so i've yet to get it ALL balanced. Don't know what I did to get native res to 5040?

BTW...I just finished a full mock-up of my cockpit enclosure. A generic GA one-place, three windscreen affair. Completely enclosed except for the back. Very basic materials and quite rudementary, but just a mock-up test design. Works marvelously!
The emmersion factor is about 10-fold. Without the LCD screens-edges and the rest of the room, convincing my brain that only the monitor was moving...well this tricks one's brain into constantly thinking you are inside and moving, and you really feel the subtleness of the controls and your movement in all directions. Amazing 3D flight effects! I would recommend this to ALL TH2Go Simmers!

Love to see some pics/plans for your Twin Engine cockpit and your friends Herc!
Hey, how do I upload my images here to show you?

Ken
ps...You remind me that I must check out my own local airfield, The Toronto Aerospace Museum at DeHavilland Downsview, about 1.5kms from my home.