Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 13:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2009, 15:59 

Aiming for surround productivity without TH2GO *grins*

Had all manner of problems trying to configure openSUSE and Ubuntu, so would like to know if anyone has experience running multiple monitors off multiple cards?

Have 2x HD3870 in the box, and can't seem to get three monitors up in either distro. I'll be downloading Fedora when 11 gets released in the coming week, but otherwise not fussed about the distro so long as it recognises the cards.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 17:03 

what kind of problems did you have? I've gotten it running in CentOS and Ubuntu.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 18:26 

Your going to have tons of fun, its been a while, but ATI linux drivers used to be horrible. they have improved...but your still going to make it alot harder on yourself. I recommend a dual boot.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2009, 07:06 

@svet-am: a default install of Ubuntu or openSUSE won't recognise the second card. I've made a number of attempts using the open-source and proprietary ATI drivers with no success (with fglx crashing the entire installation).

Additionally, modification of xorg.conf has yielded few results.

Are you able to pass on your xorg.conf file and any resources you may have used to get yourself up and running (even if you're on nVidia cards, just in case I can transpose the configurations...though I've tried that from some other sites already...)

@skeeder: WAH?! How would dual booting help me get multi-monitor support under a *nix distro?