Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 08:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 14:04 

First i wanted to say thanks for the numerous helpful stickies.. i was mostly using the TH2go faq's and they have helped me configure my new box so at least things maximize on individual monitors..

..and ive saved a sticky from this forum for later about getting single-display games to run on the centre monitor, that will be useful.. so thanks.

With that outta the way, ive got rid of SoftTH, and bit the bullet to get a th2go box... but, im trying to do some design work and the taskbar being on all 3 screens is driving me up the wall... Does anyone know how i can make it only on my centre monitor?

Also.. ..perhaps something to do with the bezel management.. there is a small 5mm gap of black pixels on each left/right side of each monitor.. id really like to make it so the screens are full, but i cant seem to gte bezel management to work, the hotkey ive setup isnt doing anything.

If anyone can help me, id really appreciate it, i need to get this work done so i can actually relax for the rest of the day lol, so i dont have time to google for hours and hour :) if anyone knows and can drop me a few hints youd be my saviour..
..and incase it comes up, i forum searched for the taskbar question, nothing came up, only people wanting to do the opposite, so i apologise if its been answered before.

cheers for the shiny forum anyway :)
very helpful

Cheesey

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 11:50 
Editors
Editors

Hi there, all your questions are already being discussed in current threads, so here's some shiny helpful links for you ;)
Bezel Management Issue (my quick answer : the hotkey is not enough, check your BM setup screen)
Start menu on center screen? (my quick answer : centered taskbar is not possible afaik, but unlocking the taskbar to adjust sliders helps)
:welcome

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 16:15 

I moved my taskbar to the edge of the lefthand screen a long time ago. took a little while to get used to it but now anywhere else feels weird. :)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 02:50 

Personally, I would hook up a TripleHead2Go like this:

Then you could use UltraMon to switch between one large 5040x1050 screen, or three separate 1680x1050 outputs.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 16:58 

Leapo,

That's exactly what I do. My third output is via an 8400GS. It works very well.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 17:49 

Out of curiosity, what happens when you send 1680x1050 through the TripleHead2Go? Does it just duplicate the same image across all three screens, or does it stop sending a signal to the left and right monitor?

The latter would be preferable, as it would cause most monitors to automatically change inputs.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 15:36 

Thanks for the replies, i had actually noticed the numerous other threads after i posted..but i believe i was in a bit of a rush toget stuff done.. no time to wade through threads.

thanks for the links.

- if i hadnt just taken out my secondary graphics card, i think i wouuld do the suggestion above, so i may bookmark this thread for later on in the week when i get my new case and start fumbling about...

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply people and i hope that someone else may find the information in this thread useful, i think its out there elsewhere but its helpful you chaps took the time to summarize it for me and others ;)

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 01:41 

Hi,

I have been using a program called OBJECT DOCK which will
put everything in the middle. You can get a free download
from here: http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/

If you want the other bells and whistles, then you can buy it.

Hope this helps. It works great for me.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 20:07 

Out of curiosity, what happens when you send 1680x1050 through the TripleHead2Go? Does it just duplicate the same image across all three screens, or does it stop sending a signal to the left and right monitor?

The latter would be preferable, as it would cause most monitors to automatically change inputs.
It only sends a signal to the center monitor.