Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 09:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009, 17:54 

Okay, I recently had to rebuild my system from XP to Windows 7 and no matter what I do I can't get 4320x900 to work (it did worked flawlessly in XP).

My setup: Intel i7 920, Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, 2xnvidia 8800gts 640 SLI, 3 Samsung 940bw 1440x900 monitors.

I have read all the posts here and tried the following drivers (I have the newest firmware on my TH2GO):

Nvidia: 191.07, 191.06, 195(beta), and 190.62
Matrox: The 2.4.0.11, newest version, triple-wide beta version
Monitor: Shows Matroxtriplehead2go digital in control panel

I have also tried

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/11228

AND

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/9330

In all cases the monitor defaults to 3840x800.

If I run the powerdesk wizard, it lets me choose the 1440x900 on 3 monitors but it gets "windows failed to apply settings" at the final step of the wizard.

If I open up the power desk from 2.4.0.11 and go to edit modes, it shows the triple-wide options with a checkbox but if I go to change mode they are not there.

I can add the custom 4320x900 resolution as suggested by some posters, but games won't let me select it as a option (they still show 3840x800 as my max). Also after adding the custom resolution, when I reboot windows the powerdesk software removes them. At no point can I get the matrox software itself or any game to recognize that fact my monitors are 4320x900.

I am getting pretty frustrated at this point. Anyone have any ideas? I am trying to avoid the 182.50 drivers if possible (don't want to lose aero features).

**EDIT**

I just bit the bullet and put 182.50 drivers on. Everything works fine (except for the known issue of flickering vegetation in Dragon Age Origins)