Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 08:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009, 18:21 

Hello Everyone;

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, I tried searching but couldn't find it. If it is answered, please let me know.

I have the following set-up:
Left and Right Monitors - 2 x 22" 1680 x 1050 (16:10 AR)
Middle Monitor - 1 x 22" 1920 x 1080 (16:9 AR)
Graphics Card - 2 x nVidia 9800 GX2 in SLI

I would like to purchase the TH2G Digital to use with FSX but from what I read in this forum (and FAQs) it appears I need to have the same Aspect Ratio on all three monitors. Don't have the cash for a new monitor AND TH2G so my question is:

If I set the TH2G in 1680x1050x3 mode what happens to the image in my center monitor (1920 x 1080). Will it be squished / stretched to fit, or will the portions that are missing be cut off?

Ideally I'd like to set all three monitors to 1600 x 900 and have black bars on the left and right monitor, but TH2G doesn't seem to support this resolution. Alternatively setting all three monitors to 1680 x 1050 and have the portion of the middle monitor that doesn't fit the AR get cut-off opposed to the monitor squishing / stretching the image.

Is there a way to do this; has anyone already tried?

Thank you in advance everyone!

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009, 19:27 

TH2G only supports matched resolutions.

maximum supported res is 3x1650x1080@57hz (give or take on the Hz)

Now having the middle monitor larger than the other 2 has a few issues/problems

First off to see what happens on that monitor with a 1650x1080 res, connect that monitor, and set a windows res of 1680x1050 and check if you monitor stretches the images, or if it pilar boxes the image. You may be able to change this setting using the monitors OSD, for 1:1 image stretching.

The other ussue you are going to face, is even when this is set up, its going to look horrible, TH2G really only looks good if all 3 monitors are the same.

Also check that your monitors work at 57Hz, set a custom res in the Nvidia control panel with a refresh rate of 57 to check that each of your monitors will work.

The limit to this 57hz is due to the maximum bandwidth of the DVI-D cable and not a limitation of the video card or Matrox box.