Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 02:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2009, 14:16 

Hello together,

I have a GTX260 with 3 projectors connected via the Tiplehead2Go digital edition on one of my DVI graphic ports. It is the visual system for a simulator which is built in an aircraft fuselage. The nose cowling of the aircraft makes it impossible to see the hole 'picture'. The taskbar is nearly completely invisible, from the center image there are only 1/3 visible. Additionaly it is impossible to see the left one from the right sight and the right from the left seat. So the handling of the different programs is very difficult.

In the aircraft there is a TFT display - if it would be possible to clone the image from the DVI port with the matrox on this display that would solve the problems. But I didn't get it working...

Does anybody know if this is possible? It wouldnt matter if the display on the TFT would be a small stripe or streched.

System: Windows 7 64bit, Microsoft FSX

Thanks a lot in advance and greetings,

Marcel

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 10:54 

Not sure if that would work, or not. Have you not tried it yourself?

Or you could buy a further 2 TFT's, buy 3 VGA splitter cables and clone the view that way. It would be a far better solution.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 13:08 

Hello Slip-Stream,

Thanks for your answer!

Of course I tried it myself but everytime I plug in the Display, the widescreenresolutions in FSX is gone and the other way, the display will switch off if I plug in the matrox.

In the cabin, where the TFT display is placed, there is not much room for more displays. Also it would mean a lot of cables because the matrox is sitting on the roof/wing and the computer in or at the rear outside of the plane.

Any solution by software to tell the graphic card to clone the picture of one display port no matter what the resolutions are? May it be a possibitly to use the D-Sub-Connector on the matrox to make things easier? We had the problem with the projectors as long as we where using DVI and HDMI connectors, there where always trouble with one or two units. After we use the good old D-Sub everything is fine: perhabs the units lost some possibilities to communicate with each other... ;-)

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 18:53 

I think your only option in that case is to use the 2nd output on your G card. I think with the TH2Go it is either one output or the other, and not both. But, I could be wrong. :hide

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 20:16 

Oh, then I didn't made my point clear enough: I want exactly what you wrote in your last post:

[Graphic Card DVI 1 ]-[Matrox]-[3 projectors]
[Graphic Card DVI 2 ]-[TFT Display with clone image of DVI 1]

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 05:16 

Ok. Then plug in your TFT into 2nd available dvi slot, then go into nvidia control panel ( assuming you have geforce card ) and go to setup multiple displays, and choose clone mode. That should work no problem.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 11:22 

It works in Windows, but in FSX there are only the "classic" resolutions available, no widescreenresolutions (in my case (3x1024) x768) anymore... :(

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 11:50 

Wideviewaspect=true
have you changed the line above in your fsx .cfg file to read true and not false? Do not worry about custom res. The th2go only stretches the image over 3 screens. Your TFT will display exactly the same image, or at least it should do.