Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 08:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2010, 07:54 

I have the TripleHead2Go Digital with 3 19" monitors. I tried adding a windows wallpaper image but at first, it stretched across the three monitors all distorted as would be expected with Full Screen option selected on the wallpaper page. With the Center option, I just have a small rectangle in the center of my center monitor. I don't care for the Tile choice.

Is it possible to have one full screen image filling just one entire monitor as it used to when I had just one monitor? Or better yet, is it possible to have 3 different wallpapers with one in each of the 3 monitors? If so, how do I set it up?? Thanks. Regards, Tom

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2010, 02:33 

Hi

I either search for panoramic images on the web for a full span desktop picture. Or, I use Photoshop to make a background the size I want and then put 3 pictures on it. Then when I load that image, it covers my desktop with each picture on each screen. Trial and error will guide you through where to set the picutures on the background.
To get a single image on the center screen and fill up the screen, you need it to be the same resolution as one of your monitors.
My res is 4320x900. a 1440x900 image will fill my center panel.

Hope this helps :)

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2010, 06:40 

Thanks for the help, Butch. Would I be able to adjust the size with Windows Paint, or do I need a program like Photoshop? Regards, Tom

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2010, 03:23 

Yeah, Paint might work. It would be worth a try.
IrFanView is a good image editor that is free. It my come in handy.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2010, 04:14 

Here, try this:
http://www.binaryfortress.com/displayfusion/

It's shareware, and the free version allows you to use different wallpaper on each of your screens. I use it so that my middle monitor has a wallpaper and the side two are black (minimizing distractions while only using the center screen). The program also includes a taskbar of sorts, although you can easily disable it. It also remains nearly invisible on your computer, as you can disable the notification icon and its appearance on startup.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2010, 04:54 

You could also check out this place that I recently found....

http://www.desktopnexus.com/

Lots of wallpapers but the win thing with this place is that it detects your desktop resolution and can then optimize the picture for your desktop. I am running 5040x1050 and all my backgrounds got sized automatically by that site, very handy.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2010, 08:16 

Thanks for the info guys. :wink:
Regards, Tom

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2010, 14:05 
Editors
Editors

You can find some TripleHead wallpapers in the Wallpapers & Photography section of the forum ... :)

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2010, 16:51 

You could also check out this place that I recently found....

http://www.desktopnexus.com/

Lots of wallpapers but the win thing with this place is that it detects your desktop resolution and can then optimize the picture for your desktop. I am running 5040x1050 and all my backgrounds got sized automatically by that site, very handy.

Very cool site. Thanks

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2010, 02:42 

Hi Tommy,
I just tried out your site and downloaded a beautiful picture of a A380 Airbus. The only problem is it wants to save it to my center monitor only. How do I add separate wallpapers to my outer two monitors?? Thanks again. Tom