Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 04:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: this is a nice screen
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2010, 04:45 

http://www.scalabledisplay.com/markets/simulation/military/IDSI_Pano

concave sweet

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2010, 17:31 
Insiders
Insiders

I noticed there is no price mentioned on the screen. My guess is it's one of those "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" type of things. I do like the design on it though and if I had the capability to make a simular screen in a cost effective manner would probably go for it.

Is it just me, or are those projectors mounted in portrait mode? It's near impossible to find a projector that can do that and not overheat unless it's LED light engine based. That has me curious what projector model that is. :)

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2010, 19:06 

this is a dumb question but... crossing projector beams is not a problem right

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2010, 21:46 
Administrators
Administrators

They look like the EVO range of ProjectionDesign projectors using a short throw lens, I am a service engineer on a number of the EVO range projectors at work along with the whole range of sanyo, panasonic and barco projectors. The airflow with these is from the front to back unlike many others that take the inlet from below then vent out the side or rear. These can be stacked on top of each other or rather, can be placed in portrait mode without to many issues regarding heat, and oh boy do they chuck out a lot of heat out the rear!
They are DLP projectors so they have a lamp.
The ProjectionDesgin projectors are essentially rebadged In-Focus projectors... or was it the other way around.

Crossing the projector beam will not destory the world unlike ghostbusters, you can easy have projectors crossing each others line of sight without any issues. :)
I often need to do this at work with rear projection when packed into a tight corner presenting in multiple directions.

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2010, 23:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Yep, crossing beams isn't an issue, just make sure the projectors are not hanging in the beam from another projector. :)