Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 02:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2010, 06:52 

Hi...I have looked long and hard but could not find this issue on these forums.

My issue is basically I have a 4320 by 900 setup (courtesy of these forums) at 60.001 hz refresh rate which reverts to 768 (instead of 900) when I try to run FSX in Preview Direct X mode for DX10.

This change shows in Windows Vista plus Matrox software (latest versions and drivers, downloaded last week) and I lose the 4320 by 900 option in both and have to go back and redefine a custom resolution to bring it back.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

My system:
- I am running a 256MB (I know, was initially only going to be a media pc - Sony VGX-TP2, effectively a lap-top media pc but after weeks of settings adjustments in vista and then fsx works very well (for me) with Matrox and FSX) NVIDIA 8400M GT card running version 195.62.
- Matrox digital is connected to PC with a VGA adaptor then DVI to HDMI connectors to 3 Phillips screens.
(Philips 221E1HSB LCD Monitor - 21.6", Widescreen, 5ms, 1920x1080).
- as a side note I could not get the HDMI out (from PC - no DVI out) which is reported to be DVI-D compatible to work with the Matrox at all. It would be very blurry and show a number of identical desktops in unusual positions eg starting 1/2-way across one screen and finish 1/3 of the way into a another. Just thought I would mention it but I am very happy with the 4320 by 900 other than this 1 point.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2010, 19:21 

DX10 in FSX is as you point out preview, it´s only half baked! Don´t think I´ve come across anyone with a DX10 success in FSX. In my case I lose all AA, so that´s jaggies all the way. DX10 in FSX is a myth to me, sad to say.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 05:11 

DX10 in FSX is as you point out preview, it´s only half baked! Don´t think I´ve come across anyone with a DX10 success in FSX. In my case I lose all AA, so that´s jaggies all the way. DX10 in FSX is a myth to me, sad to say.

Thanks for that. A pity....I liked the sun/shadow effects.