Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 01:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 17:31 

Ok so I have this problem and I thought it was restricted to 1 game but upon closer inspection it is not. Before I tell you my rig / problem I want you to know this was happening on my old monitors too...as I just replaced them.

The problem I am having is when in Triple Head mode, games seem to kinda flicker... not like flicker on and off or anything but like lets say your playing Team Fortress (this is where I first noticed it) even on the menus there is like a gradient background where some areas are darker then others. in the lighter areas as the game is loading they seem to flicker a little bit. Not the whole picture just the lighter areas. And it doesn't flicker to strait black but just like a lighter color of what it already is. I have Tried other games and they all seem to do it to some extent even at different resolutions. Different Drivers, Different Clocks on the cards etc. I will try to take a video with my phone later and post it. It does not appear when recording FRAPs so I think it has something to do with the displays or TH2G or some setting being outputted.

Specs:
Motherboard: eVGA 780i SLI
Processor: Intel QX9650 @ 4.0 GHz
Memory: GEiL 8 GB Black Dragon 800 @ 4-4-4-12
Hard Drives: 3 x Seagate 7200 500Gb in RAID0
Graphics: 2 x eVGA GTX 280

Display:
Matrox Triple Head 2 Go
3x Samsung 204B @ 3840x1024 @ 60 HZ
have been replaced with 3x P2350 1680x1050 @ 59.4HZ with NVidia Workaround

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2010, 01:25 

Ok I have uploaded a video so you can see what I am talking about it almost looks like a shading issue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhH9nzeJwGI

Also this still happens if I remove the TH2G and go direct from video card to monitor.