Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 21:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 21:33 

Pixelwix Inc known for its geometric correction software and huge curved screens for military and display installers
Have just lunched two new software titles with games and simulators pits in mind.
Pixelwarp SG and the smaller Pixelwarp SGL2 which adds to there already popular Pixelwarp software but at a much lower home user price point.

The software basically allows PC gamers to correct for the distortions from projecting onto a curved surface and gives edge blend capabilities and individual projector color calibration.
works at the gpu resolution and frame rate and with dx and opengl games
Sales and support are handled from Florida Usa.
See more at www.pixelwix.com.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 23:28 
Insiders
Insiders

What is the price point, size and specs on the screen?

Post subject: Price points
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2011, 14:14 

Most of our screens are custom made to order but we are now making some home sized prototype that's
127.2" length of arc and 24" height for 3x1 projection.
the flexible projection material is $15.99 per sq foot haven't finished the frame pricing yet but it will be posted on the website as soon as we have it.
So a 127.2" x 24" projection material would cost 339.30 +shipping tax if in FL.
The software is $299.00 for up-to 5x2 projectors.
Regards Chris

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2011, 21:02 
Editors
Editors

"USA biased"

Got something against the rest of the world? Or is that a typo?

Post subject: Hrrrm, most of the home
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2011, 21:10 
Insiders
Insiders

Hrrrm, most of the home consumers are looking for a screen much larger than that. On the average they're using a 6-8 foot radius 180 degree screen with 48"-72" projection height. The screen material is 127" wide and can be purchased by the linear foot?

The software is largely irrelevant as I own NTHUSIM, Sol7 Pro and SimVisuals. There are now 4 players in the home consumer pre-warping software market. It's really not profitable at all on the software side right now for any of them. There are all of 50 users out there spread between the four software developers. I'm not seeing what sets your software apart from the other clones?

Post subject: oops
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2011, 15:19 

Yep Typo

Post subject: Reply to comment
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2011, 16:13 

Hi BHawthorne
We see OLED screen taking a long time to market a low cost reliable wide curved screens and with the reducing price of led projectors more gamers will move into this area for there gaming platforms.

127.2" inches length of arc is just over 10 feet and 180 degree the 24 height is to keep the 3x 16:9 format ,but this is just a prototype idea and i value you input on this.

The screen material is wide angle type with very low hot-spotting needed for edge blending.

Most of our screens have been in the 100+ feet in length for theme installs and military apps (pictures on website).

As far as what sets us apart i would hope consumers would give all the company's a look and choose what best fits there application and pocket.
Our own home consumer sales tell us there is defiantly more than 50 users out there in the world.

We are not here to bash other products just to expand the industry.
And for another shameless plug Pixelwix announce windows Desktop warp software Pixelwarp DT .
Now you can use website and media in you multi projector wide screen platform ;)

Post subject: Thanks for notifying the
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 04:17 
Founder
Founder

Thanks for notifying the community about your products. I deleted your double post, and edited the title here to make it a bit more readable. Please know that the WSGF does offer advertising and product review opportunities. ;)

Post subject: Actually, been using a
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 04:41 
Insiders
Insiders

Actually, been using a universal pre-warping utility for over a year now called SimVisuals. It does desktop along with the regular DX7-11 and OpenGL. I'm licensed up to 8x1 on that. It's handy to be able do to everything and it just seamlessly works. :)

I never got clarified on the screen material. What size is it off the roll? I'm looking for material that will conform to a circular frame without issues. Circular frames have material issues with rippling and bowing if under tension. I'd like to eliminate or at least marginalize it when I upgrade my system.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 15:09 

The new materials are made of and elastic polymer and just like elastic give and even tension the pictures on the site and forum album look like solid materials but are not.The only problem with tight curves is the material will try bow in the center but with a good tension technique is not much of a problem.
max height seamless without heat weld is 16 feet but any length