Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 12:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Metro 2033
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 18:17 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Why hope, just don't buy it till you know for a fact it supports surround.. once they have your money there's no reason for them to patch it in after the game is released.

Wanna play it even if on one screen only. :wink:
Wow you must really be hyped up for this, read less PC Games previews man. Devs who don't support surround don't deserve the money, vote with your dollar.

HOR+ in single screen. Dunno about triple. It looks pretty neat, but Liberty City Sotires comes out next week, so it's TS for 2033 for a little while.

You mean Episodes from Liberty City (which is just 2 DLCs that are already out..)? LC Stories came out in 2006.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 19:38 

It's not that it wouldn't support surround... there's no GPU available that could run it at that resolution at high settings.

This game is a beast on the machine.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 23:10 

Game's pretty messy...

If i start it with 1 screen all the hud elements seem to scale to my 3 monitors even tho i started the game with a single screen resolution (1920*1200)
Oh BTW, even disabling my Eyefinity group doesnt work, the game keeps scaling the UI to 3 screens...

All text looks squished. edit, its not just the text, the whole game's FOV is using a triple screen resolution even in non TripleScreen Res

If i change it to a triple screen res (5760 * 1200), the text looks fine but... the mouse offset gets ruined so i cant click on anything :(, cant play right now because of this.

Right now im practicing our favorite sport and im messing with the user.cfg file to see i can do anything, i already tried a couple of things and it doesnt work.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 00:48 
Editors
Editors

Right now im practicing our favorite sport and im messing with the user.cfg file to see i can do anything

lol thats it 8)

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 01:14 

Well, got it working in one screen, if you have eyefinity you need to completely disable the second and third monitor through CCC, if you can see any image on them the game will calculate the FOV based on your max triple screen resolution even if you change anything in the cfg file.

After doing that you can open the user.cfg in : C:Users<>AppDataLocal4A GamesMetro 2033

and change: sick_fov 45. to your desired FOV.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 02:08 
Insiders
Insiders

You mean Episodes from Liberty City (which is just 2 DLCs that are already out..)

Yes, but at the end of the month they come out for PC and PS3 as stand-alone games. Seperate, or in a pack.

I tried the "sick_fov" cvar as well, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Maybe it's sjut for a particualr "sick" state you find your player in further into the game. It's stupid: the game lists, in detail, what graphics features get enabled/disabled when you change the low/med/high/very high settings, yet many of those settings don't have cvars listed in the .cfg files. What a pricky tease.

Maybe it's not a full version i played on or something. It just seems weird

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 03:02 

Anyone have a fix for mouse and or gamepad horizontal sensitivity when in triple wide resolution? Right now I am playing on 1 screen but this game would be great on 3... then again just about everygame is better on 3 but especially this beautiful crazy smokey graphic'd up game.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 04:12 

[quote]

You mean Episodes from Liberty City (which is just 2 DLCs that are already out..)

Yes, but at the end of the month they come out for PC and PS3 as stand-alone games. Seperate, or in a pack.

I tried the "sick_fov" cvar as well, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Maybe it's sjut for a particualr "sick" state you find your player in further into the game. It's stupid: the game lists, in detail, what graphics features get enabled/disabled when you change the low/med/high/very high settings, yet many of those settings don't have cvars listed in the .cfg files. What a pricky tease.

Set the file to read only after changing it
Maybe it's not a full version i played on or something. It just seems weird

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 05:21 

Changing the FOV in that file does not work, even with read only applied. Other settings do though, so I am assuming that is not the default FOV setting. Might try writing in another?

Game seems awesome but is a BEAST on a single GPU like mine. On normal settings with no AA I am lucky to keep 30fps... insanity. And I read the normal settings are Xbox equivalents, which means the game is just badly optimized period if an Xbox can keep 30fps and I can't.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 06:08 
Editors
Editors

I feel bad for people on notebookreview that bought this game wanting to play it on there laptops :D

Though I think mine could get away with it. I look forward to seeing if a single desktop 5870 can play this in eyefinity resolutions soon, maybe some driver optimizations from ATI and maybe if need be a lower resolution should make it playable after the game developer addresses the apparent issues with the mouse and stuff (if they do)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next