Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 16:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 00:17 

What a bummer, was really hoping they would address these things between games. It's not like they had to make a new game engine and after the letdown of Alpha Protocol Obsidian could have stepped it up with F:NV. I also can't get any .ini changes to take affect.. It's pretty dang pathetic for there to be a 'bEnableEyefinity' line in the ini and the game supports the triple monitor resolution (it detected my resolution of 6048x1080 without me having to set anything) which implies there was some thought to Eyefinity support yet they completey overlook WELL KNOWN issues with key elements in the game like computer terminals, interface spacing and lockpicking. That's just sloppy and/or lazy developing. Looks like I'll be shelving this for awhile until either the developers get it together and patch it or some indepenent programmers do the devs job for them and tweak it.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 00:54 

I've made a post in the lobbying central section
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=20662

and the thread we are using on the official Fallout forums is here
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1122870-no-option-for-5760x1200/

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 02:12 

Guys,

New here. I just got the game and was P!SSED it didnt work with eyefinity.

I did some messing around and so far, I got the computer console to work.

I just hacked around with my INI files and am not sure what part ofthe edit I did to get it working.

First, I disabled the read only on the Fallout.ini.

I changed the fdefaultFOV=75.00 to fdefaultFOV=180.00

I then saved and changed it back to read only.

Then, I ran the game with the INI open. The computer console in game still was too large BUT....the 180.00 value DIDN'T change back to 75.00 like it did previously.

Next, I opened the FalloutPrefs.ini and made the same change to the fdefaultFOV=75.00 to 180.00

Saved, then ran the game and it worked.

Of note:

I don't know if it was me leaving the INI file open and running the game OR if I just had to make that same change for both INI files.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 04:31 

Portrait Eyefinity is messed up too. Nested menus are completely off the screen :(

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 11:46 

Been lurking for ages, but figured I'd verify what Colthorn is saying with eyefinity

The changes I made to get the terminals working properly:

Change fdefaultFOV to 180 in both fallout.ini and falloutprefs.ini.

Set both files to read only.

Seems to work flawlessly.

Running in 4492x900(game res is set to 1440x900)

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 12:10 
Editors
Editors

Seems to work flawlessly.

Screenshot ?

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 15:28 

While trying to muck about with the files I had the same problem as others did with changes not sticking. It was two things for me:

[list][*]Properly changing the Read Only value on fallout.ini, and pasting my changes into falloutprefs.ini, including the copy in the Steam app data folder.[/*:m][/list:u]
[list][*]Setting "bEnableEyefinity" to 0, which for me was on by default[/*:m][/list:u]

bEnableEyefinity seems to shoehorn the game into predefined Eyefinity settings which work okay, but they don't center the UI correctly and cause similar blurry text problems that were seen in Fallout 3. With it disabled I can center the UI just as I did in Fallout 3 and adjust fDefaultFOV to correctly display the PipBoy, hacking screen, etc.

My current problem is that when you disable bEnableEyefinity the game loses sharpness and the aspect ratio goes out of whack, as if I'm at a non-native resolution. Anyone know if there are values in the INI to force resolution (5760x1080 for the record) and to disable AA?

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 16:14 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 18:14 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have the same problem with the computer terminal fonts, hard to make out. I could pretend that it is just part of the deterioration of technology and an added challenge to the game, but I'm not going to. Nice to see the same ole problems from Fallout 3 show up in this glorified MOD.

Still I'm hoping to enjoy it when and if some fixes/patches take care of these issues.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 18:24 

So it is stretching the image? Looking at your screenshot, the background behind the computer looks stretched.
How does the game look outside, in first person view?

Trying bEnableEyefinity=0 didn't do anything for me.
Nothing has :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next