Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 08:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 00:09 

[quote]I can run it with aa but it is not butter smooth all the way. I like games completely butter smooth with vsync d3doverrider. I cannot stand screen tears it makes games look worse than consoles. That is why I am getting the asus aftermarket 6970 with 4 displayports to remove the infamous 69xx dvi/displayport single tear. Plus with that cooler I can really push the oc http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121430&cm_re=6970-_-14-121-430-_-Product

The 5850 is a awesome card for single screens though. I just need a stable card with more ram for aa though

do you have your 69xx on overdrive because with drivers 10.9 and above while using overdrive it does that screen tear. the clocks idle to low and it causes this. I had to create a custom profile to use to get it so it would minimize it with my 5830. it flickers once in a while on the desktop but never in games. What resolution are you playing at. I can pretty much max anything on 1 5830 and use 4xAA or 8xAA and still get 30-40 fps depending on game at 5200x1050.

The 6970 has too high idle clocks at 5760x1080 (which is what I use) I had no problems with that card except the single screen tear. Thanks AMD for making a card that has no way to remove it, they even admit it :!: I use 11.2 and works great with everything. BC2 Vietnam everything maxed 8aa 16af 5760x 1080 playable. But I used 2aa with constant 60fps never dips. I like all games to be constant locked at 60fps even if I have to turn down aa. So far only BC2 and MOH(at 4aa) I have to turn down aa with the 6970. I barely notice any change in IQ when I lower aa to make it butter smooth. Oh yeah I disable ccc from startup, I never use it and it kills performance big time in BC2

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 00:17 

[quote][quote]I can run it with aa but it is not butter smooth all the way. I like games completely butter smooth with vsync d3doverrider. I cannot stand screen tears it makes games look worse than consoles. That is why I am getting the asus aftermarket 6970 with 4 displayports to remove the infamous 69xx dvi/displayport single tear. Plus with that cooler I can really push the oc http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121430&cm_re=6970-_-14-121-430-_-Product

The 5850 is a awesome card for single screens though. I just need a stable card with more ram for aa though

do you have your 69xx on overdrive because with drivers 10.9 and above while using overdrive it does that screen tear. the clocks idle to low and it causes this. I had to create a custom profile to use to get it so it would minimize it with my 5830. it flickers once in a while on the desktop but never in games. What resolution are you playing at. I can pretty much max anything on 1 5830 and use 4xAA or 8xAA and still get 30-40 fps depending on game at 5200x1050.

The 6970 has too high idle clocks at 5760x1080 (which is what I use) I had no problems with that card except the single screen tear. Thanks AMD for making a card that has no way to remove it, they even admit it :!: I use 11.2 and works great with everything. BC2 Vietnam everything maxed 8aa 16af 5760x 1080 playable. But I used 2aa with constant 60fps never dips. I like all games to be constant locked at 60fps even if I have to turn down aa. So far only BC2 and MOH(at 4aa) I have to turn down aa with the 6970. I barely notice any change in IQ when I lower aa to make it butter smooth. Oh yeah I disable ccc from startup, I never use it and it kills performance big time in BC2

really thats all i really play right now is bc2 vietnam. I'm disabling ccc and trying it right now to see. lol I play at a lower res then you. I have another 5830 coming tomorrow to run in cf so I can' wait but i run 5176x1050 res and all high settings with 16xAF and 4xAA at 40fps pretty constant. Lowest I've seen it go was 32fps. Anything above 30fps for me a money. lol

OH i can't wait for haydens release though so I can play bulletstorm in eyefinity. lol

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 01:16 

Make sure to also kill mom in taskmanager. I killed my mom and ccc in taskmanager then disabled it in msconfig.

I think I have your dogtags :lol: Do you ever play on the fartclan server? it has fast respawn

SUCKS WAITING FOR A GPU I hope it comes the same day the fix is ready....tomorro

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 02:48 

Make sure to also kill mom in taskmanager. I killed my mom and ccc in taskmanager then disabled it in msconfig.

I think I have your dogtags :lol: Do you ever play on the fartclan server? it has fast respawn

SUCKS WAITING FOR A GPU I hope it comes the same day the fix is ready....tomorro

lol you ain't got "s" for dog tags on me. LOL just kidding. No i can't say i have played on that server lol. My gamertag is JiggaGeazY on battlefield. Hit me up.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 07:08 
Insiders
Insiders

ini editing with the info here worked pretty well. Almost perfect now.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 18:54 

[quote][quote]Look at Haydens vid it fixes everything INCLUDING the cut scenes. Those ini tweaks are great but I want a fully working game

At the cost of momentary flickers of default FOV. INI fixes dont have that issue during gameplay. Also to fix the skewed mouse sensitivity, you need to modify the ini files.
I think that is what hayden is fixing. I don't mind waiting to see. I sent my 6970 back and I am waiting for the asus aftermarket 6970. So right now I have to use my old 5850 oced. I can't turn on aa with this. :x

Well don't hold your breath. Those momentary flickers don't seem to be easy to remove considering he's doing memory editing.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 20:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Just uploading a minute or so video of the fix in action to youtube. (ini editing)

You can see it makes the game pretty much perfect. I think I'm going to tweak my aim down sights FOV a bit though, I prefer a bit less zoom.
I'll post it up when it's finally done uploading, curse these canadian ISP's and their crappy upload speeds... I get 100mbps down and 1 mbps up lol.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 21:16 

Am I missing something? The ini tweaks do not work in multiplayer!!! :x The leash and slide zooms into the old fov. Its fine in the campaign though

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 21:22 
Insiders
Insiders

The ini tweaks are great except when I play multiplayer the leash zooms into the old fov. its fine in the campaign though

Ah, I haven't played multi yet.

I remember Borderlands having the same weirdness where you had to re-bind the sprint key to also re-set your FOV as the game would constantly go back to the default when sprinting in multiplayer.

Anyhow here's how it looks in SP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IRCSB4bYGY

Youtube might not have processed it yet if you're just seeing this as i post.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 21:31 

[quote]The ini tweaks are great except when I play multiplayer the leash zooms into the old fov. its fine in the campaign though

Ah, I haven't played multi yet.

I remember Borderlands having the same weirdness where you had to re-bind the sprint key to also re-set your FOV as the game would constantly go back to the default when sprinting in multiplayer.

Anyhow here's how it looks in SP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IRCSB4bYGY

Youtube might not have processed it yet if you're just seeing this as i post.

How do I rebind in multi? they have no settings feature in multi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next