Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 10:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2011, 20:56 

I BSOD'd after about an hour. Not looking so great so far. I would think a BSOD is worse than a CTD. Will need to test some more on stock settings.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2011, 20:56 

I just BSOD after about 20mins of play. :(

CTD and BSOD are different. BSOD sounds like a system issue.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2011, 21:41 

well just got a bsod from file dxgmms1.sys so not sure if its a video card driver issue, or dx issue. tjdehya what file did it say it was when you crashed?

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2011, 22:06 

well just got a bsod from file dxgmms1.sys so not sure if its a video card driver issue, or dx issue. tjdehya what file did it say it was when you crashed?
It didnt say. I have BSOD a total of 4 time now. I am going to uninstall the game and do a reinstall. Maybe there was an issue when the patch was installed. BTW I am switched to Origin from Steam to test the beta patch and I had no issues in the beta. But the servers were always empty when I tested. I am going to search some forums and see if this is common.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2011, 23:06 

[quote]well just got a bsod from file dxgmms1.sys so not sure if its a video card driver issue, or dx issue. tjdehya what file did it say it was when you crashed?
It didnt say. I have BSOD a total of 4 time now. I am going to uninstall the game and do a reinstall. Maybe there was an issue when the patch was installed. BTW I am switched to Origin from Steam to test the beta patch and I had no issues in the beta. But the servers were always empty when I tested. I am going to search some forums and see if this is common.

Before you do try to get the error. It should say at the top of the blue screen in the left hand side. Also you should get the error when you restart windows.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2011, 01:21 
Insiders
Insiders

I think that file is related to the memory management directX.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2011, 03:58 

So far so good. I jumped on and played about a 2 hour session on =L1S= server. No issue and no crash (yet). Still too early to tell but at the very least, I did not crash. Jacking up the visual details up to max is great. It's great to be able to run it at high details again. Maxed out all the settings, set anisotropic filtering to 16x, anti-aliasing to 4x, turned bloom off, vsync on, everything was butter smooth.

Thank goodness all this is fixed up. It's been way too long and it's a long time coming.

Post subject: Crash :(
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2011, 06:34 

I had it crash again C2D. I played all day with no problems with R11 I have retail version. Than I used steam to talk to my friends and about 14mins in a game it C2D with steam running as non-steam game so I get the nice gui. So i figure that steam is breaking it or it's not actually fixed yet. :(

Post subject: Due to how I set up my
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2011, 07:11 

Due to how I set up my keybinds, I had the Steam overlay disabled entirely. It's a bit of a setback but I can live without it. I could change the keybind for the Steam overlay itself.... but that would screw up the other games that I have.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2011, 17:35 

Ahh great, BC2 finally fixed now theres only a few days to go until i ditch BC2 for BF3 beta.. typical.

Edit:
Ive just had a 4 hour session of BC2, it froze when i hit the print screen key a 3rd time, like 2-3 seconds after the last.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14