Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 04:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2011, 19:13 

Honestly Im ok with silly fixes as long as I can get one that lets me use my Native resolution!

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2011, 21:35 
Editors
Editors

This fix does not address many issues however:

- bezel-correction still doesn't work
- lens flare and sunlight are still way too bright
- This only applies to ATI folks, Nvidia users cannot work around the issue

While I appreciate the re-posting of the ATI fix, we should really push DICE and EA to correct the issue permanently and not give them any reason to overlook triple-monitor setups. From what I understand, BC2 had these issues for a year+ and was a nightmare.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2011, 16:16 

We understand that a patch is whats needed to fix the issues for good (which should be a couple of weeks last time I checked), but fixes could enable a few of us to at least play the game without having to guess which players on the screen are friendly and which ones are foes. I dont understand why they made the uniforms between teams so similar. Sure, when you look at the models outside of the game they look different enough but in game when you have to make a split second decision under fire with bullets whizzing by your head they both look the same. What usually ends up happening is Im shooting at my own teamates, which as you can probably guess has my accuracy and most important ammo count taking a nose dive.

Anyway heres a different fix I found and much simpler. Sadly its only for ATI users:

I follow the problem a few days because I'm an eyefinity user too, now.
I also got the problem with the wrong marker layer, but I found a solution for myself:

-> Deactivate Eyefinity Setup
-> Activate the Extended Desktop (in windows itself, not with catalyst) with the 3 monitors (that was my original desktop setup)
-> Restart the Computer !
-> Activate Eyefinity (in my case 3x1 Landscape)
-> Start Origin + Battlefield 3
and FEEL THE BATTLE !!!

For my setup:
The markers are ON THE CORRECT POSITION !
The minimap is ON THE LEFT SCREEN.
The ammo is ON THE RIGHT SCREEN.

Thanks

Post subject: Well I guess I can beat
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2011, 17:58 

Well I guess I can beat single player then get my money back, buy it again later if they ever fix the issue. (they wont)

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2011, 18:10 

Here is a fix for geforce users with older cards experiencing stutter or mouse lag:
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,852914/Solved-Battlefield-3-lag-issue-with-DirectX-10-Geforce-cards/Practice/

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2011, 00:38 

Here is a fix for geforce users with older cards experiencing stutter or mouse lag:
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,852914/Solved-Battlefield-3-lag-issue-with-DirectX-10-Geforce-cards/Practice/

Depends if you have SLI, if you do, dont mess with that, turn off Hyperthreading

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2011, 19:33 
Insiders
Insiders

We understand that a patch is whats needed to fix the issues for good (which should be a couple of weeks last time I checked), but fixes could enable a few of us to at least play the game without having to guess which players on the screen are friendly and which ones are foes. I dont understand why they made the uniforms between teams so similar. Sure, when you look at the models outside of the game they look different enough but in game when you have to make a split second decision under fire with bullets whizzing by your head they both look the same. What usually ends up happening is Im shooting at my own teamates, which as you can probably guess has my accuracy and most important ammo count taking a nose dive.

Anyway heres a different fix I found and much simpler. Sadly its only for ATI users:

I follow the problem a few days because I'm an eyefinity user too, now.
I also got the problem with the wrong marker layer, but I found a solution for myself:

-> Deactivate Eyefinity Setup
-> Activate the Extended Desktop (in windows itself, not with catalyst) with the 3 monitors (that was my original desktop setup)
-> Restart the Computer !
-> Activate Eyefinity (in my case 3x1 Landscape)
-> Start Origin + Battlefield 3
and FEEL THE BATTLE !!!

For my setup:
The markers are ON THE CORRECT POSITION !
The minimap is ON THE LEFT SCREEN.
The ammo is ON THE RIGHT SCREEN.

Thanks

Tried that (5970 crossfire) and it didn't work for me. Went back to playing 4800x900.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 01:15 

ok I think now it's safe to start crying about it not being patched yet ><

Has there even been a mention of an upcoming patch?

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 02:36 

Posted on nvidia's forums by manualg, nvidia mod

Our next driver is not that far off. It will include fixes for BF3 and and the upcoming game Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Expect this driver sometime in the middle of November.
NVIDIA Forums Technical Advisor
Please take a moment to provide NVIDIA driver feedback from the URL below:
https://surveys.nvid...8ad5aecc22cab1e
Your comments well greatly help us improve the NVIDIA driver experience for our customers.
------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
NVIDIA Software Downloads - http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-us
NVIDIA Knowledge Base - http://nvidia.custhe...ser/std_alp.php
NVIDIA Customer Care Twitter - http://twitter.com/nvidiacc
------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
*Note* If reporting a problem with your NVIDIA product, please always include your system specs as best you can. Provide the following: NVIDIA GPU model, display driver version ("latest driver" is not a good reply, exact version preferred), OS, CPU, memory, motherboard, PC/Laptop make and model, monitor/HDTV make and model, connection used between monitor/HDTV and graphics card, power supply make and model, application/game title (if possible, check that the software has the latest patch installed).

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 02:50 

Just read on the bf3 forums that its confirmed to be fixed next patch for Nvidia and ATI. I also read on bf3 twitter that they will have an official fix list next week.
I would guess 2 weeks after that right after the holiday. I hope I am wrong and its sooner though as I am ready to fire it up on all screens.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next