Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 18:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 01:23 

I don't know guys, I've played Battlefield 3 MP quite much on the past few days. I decided not to let this annoyance to ruin my fun but to learn to recognize the uniforms. It's quite easy when you get the hang of it. All you have to remember is which side you are on, that's confusing sometimes. Choppers and Tanks are easy, Jets and some other vehicles hard. At first I played only on normal servers (no TK) but now I'm back playing my favourite, HC-mode. Being not able to see player icons is really quite of fun way to play, if one considers that as some sort of 'realistic'-mode. :)

Anyway, the multi-player friend/foe icons DO work! Or work in a sence of showing up when I'm spotting an enemy or aiming at friendlies for a while. Choppers and vehicles usually show up almost half the time. All the flag markers do work. So whatever their problem with the icons is, it cant be very difficult to fix. One thing I noticed was that the Icons are scaled wrong, 3-5times wider than usual. That tells me that they have not tested this game with multi-monitor setups before launch. Shame on you, Dice!

[EDIT] I'm not sure if it has anything to do with me seeing MP-icons half of the time, but I updated my nVidia drivers to 285.79 BETA on monday or so.

Also on the newest beta drivers and I noticed they do pop up more frequently but I went back to the rez fix because I just kick more ass that way. But I just played skyrim and went to BF3 for some Multiplayer and playing at that rez hurt a little.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 23:41 

This is one of the weirdest bugs/issues Ive experienced in a game. Whenever I do restart or shut down my pc, it messes up the HUD in BF3. However after 2-3 matches the HUD fixes itself! Tags on top of friendlies as well as flag markers in the correct position. Map and ammo are on left and right monitor and not in the middle but hey, beggars cant be choosers. Its very weird, on reset BF3 HUD is messed up but after a few rounds, voila.

Im using 2 x 5870 on Crossfire mode and 11.11 with the latest CAP 1 profiles.

Post subject: Looks like the PC fix is
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 00:39 

Looks like the PC fix is coming next week. *Crosses fingers and hopes for Icon fix*

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 01:33 

Has anyone been able to get portrait Eyefinity BF3 working properly at native resolution? (3240x1920)

90% of the time the game starts up with a solid black screen. When it does manage to work, all of the icons are mis-aligned. None of the fixes in this thread will fix the icon placement. Not only that, at native resolution only GPUs #1 and #4 work in my 2x 6990 setup.

Amazingly, if I drop down one eyefinity resolution step to 2700x1600, everything works. No more black screen, icons are all correct and quad-fire works properly. Of course as you all know though non-native looks like do-do.

My setup is 3x 120hz monitors in portrait.

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 01:42 

Has anyone been able to get portrait Eyefinity BF3 working properly at native resolution? (3240x1920)

90% of the time the game starts up with a solid black screen. When it does manage to work, all of the icons are mis-aligned. None of the fixes in this thread will fix the icon placement. Not only that, at native resolution only GPUs #1 and #4 work in my 2x 6990 setup.

Amazingly, if I drop down one eyefinity resolution step to 2700x1600, everything works. No more black screen, icons are all correct and quad-fire works properly. Of course as you all know though non-native looks like do-do.

My setup is 3x 120hz monitors in portrait.

Any thoughts?

Only native fix is run in windowed mode and get like 30FPS. DICE said its in the next PC fix. So Hopefully next week we shall be finally satisfied with this GOD of a game

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 15:34 

I had this problem as well, you have to select your center screen as your main screen when creating your eyefinity/surround setup. BOOM...magic

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 18:45 

Looks like the PC fix is coming next week. *Crosses fingers and hopes for Icon fix*

where you hear that?

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 01:24 

[quote]Looks like the PC fix is coming next week. *Crosses fingers and hopes for Icon fix*

where you hear that?

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/11/18/incoming-battlefield-3-update.aspx

Post subject: if only they posted a
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 09:24 

if only they posted a changelog first instead of tellin' us that a patch is coming... then I'd know if I should jump back in. I've stopped playing for a while after getting so frustrated in how unbalanced the game is for everything. 3 RPG/SMAW to the back of a tank and no kill? Bull-f'in'-crap. Things were pretty much perfect in BC2 since you can neutralize armor and aerial threats. Now you can't even do that because everyone bails out of the vehicles when it goes up in flames. Combined that with the repair tool that ends up repairing it so stupidly fast, and it makes life miserable for us grunt soldiers. Engineers are supposed to be the Alpha&Omega of vehicles. If they wanted vehicle battles, then why don't they just give us 32 tanks and 16 jets/choppers?

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 23:48 

Hi all, just got the game today from my wife for my birthday. It took me a while to get it configured to play on 3 monitors, but I finally did it. I decided to run it at 4800x900. The lens flare issue is a showstopper for me since I'm blind 70% of the time, but I'm hopeful a patch will be released soon.

My question to you pros is the FOV settings and what the peripheral screens should display. For me, the left and right screens really magnify and stretch the image to a ridiculous degree. Using the standard FOV, in the into to the first mission (not the train one) as I sit in the LAV, the guys across from me are normal, but on my right screen, I have a butt and leg of a guy taking up the whole screen. On the left screen, I have a massive face there. As I pan to look at these giants, they render normal and a LOT farther away.

Using the FOV increase app I set my Fov to 90+25. At one point, my squad was lined up at a door waiting for me and I positioned myself so that they were in one of my side screens. They got much bigger and squished down, like midgets (yeah, little people, I know.)

This is my first FPS in triple screen. I've done F1 2011 and didn't really notice this, but it's a very different environment.

Is this normal? If not, is there a setting I am missing or is it just the game not being optimized for triple monitors?

I'd really appreciate any answers you can provide!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next