Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 05:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 00:17 

Hi all, just got the game today from my wife for my birthday. It took me a while to get it configured to play on 3 monitors, but I finally did it. I decided to run it at 4800x900. The lens flare issue is a showstopper for me since I'm blind 70% of the time, but I'm hopeful a patch will be released soon.

My question to you pros is the FOV settings and what the peripheral screens should display. For me, the left and right screens really magnify and stretch the image to a ridiculous degree. Using the standard FOV, in the into to the first mission (not the train one) as I sit in the LAV, the guys across from me are normal, but on my right screen, I have a butt and leg of a guy taking up the whole screen. On the left screen, I have a massive face there. As I pan to look at these giants, they render normal and a LOT farther away.

Using the FOV increase app I set my Fov to 90+25. At one point, my squad was lined up at a door waiting for me and I positioned myself so that they were in one of my side screens. They got much bigger and squished down, like midgets (yeah, little people, I know.)

This is my first FPS in triple screen. I've done F1 2011 and didn't really notice this, but it's a very different environment.

Is this normal? If not, is there a setting I am missing or is it just the game not being optimized for triple monitors?

I'd really appreciate any answers you can provide!

The stretch is normal I'm sure. Theres no setting to decrease stretch. Believe it or not its better than most games out there.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 00:42 

[quote]Hi all, just got the game today from my wife for my birthday. It took me a while to get it configured to play on 3 monitors, but I finally did it. I decided to run it at 4800x900. The lens flare issue is a showstopper for me since I'm blind 70% of the time, but I'm hopeful a patch will be released soon.

My question to you pros is the FOV settings and what the peripheral screens should display. For me, the left and right screens really magnify and stretch the image to a ridiculous degree. Using the standard FOV, in the into to the first mission (not the train one) as I sit in the LAV, the guys across from me are normal, but on my right screen, I have a butt and leg of a guy taking up the whole screen. On the left screen, I have a massive face there. As I pan to look at these giants, they render normal and a LOT farther away.

Using the FOV increase app I set my Fov to 90+25. At one point, my squad was lined up at a door waiting for me and I positioned myself so that they were in one of my side screens. They got much bigger and squished down, like midgets (yeah, little people, I know.)

This is my first FPS in triple screen. I've done F1 2011 and didn't really notice this, but it's a very different environment.

Is this normal? If not, is there a setting I am missing or is it just the game not being optimized for triple monitors?

The stretch is normal I'm sure. Theres no setting to decrease stretch. Believe it or not its better than most games out there.

Thanks for the reply, I figured as much but wanted to be sure. I'll continue playing with FOV and even resolution settings to see if it makes any difference. For more distant objects, it seems to look just fine. Up close things get weird. 90% of the time I won't be "looking" at those monitors anyway.

On an unrelated note, is there an internal benchmark for BF3 to test settings out?

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 04:06 

[quote][quote]Hi all, just got the game today from my wife for my birthday. It took me a while to get it configured to play on 3 monitors, but I finally did it. I decided to run it at 4800x900. The lens flare issue is a showstopper for me since I'm blind 70% of the time, but I'm hopeful a patch will be released soon.

Thanks for the reply, I figured as much but wanted to be sure. I'll continue playing with FOV and even resolution settings to see if it makes any difference. For more distant objects, it seems to look just fine. Up close things get weird. 90% of the time I won't be "looking" at those monitors anyway.

On an unrelated note, is there an internal benchmark for BF3 to test settings out?

Yeah most FPS's are like this. Its normal and you'll get used to it. I do not think there is an Internal Benchmark but you could try googling it. I'm just pretty sure there isnt.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 07:38 

Battlefield 3 PC patch coming tonight, fix list released

http://bf3blog.com/2011/11/battlefield-3-pc-patch-coming-tonight-fix-list-released/

Visual and performance fixes

General performance and loading time improvements
“Black Screen” fix for an issue occurring on some PC Configurations
Stereo and Rendering Support for Nvidia and AMD Graphics Cards
Adjusted the “stuttering” encountered on some PC configurations.
Fixed several Crashes when joining MP and Co-Op sessions
Fixed multiple problems when using multiple monitors (Eyefinity / Surround).
Fixed visual corruption issues on certain Nvidia Cards
Improved loading times for certain textures
Added console command “GameTime.MaxVariableFps” to limit max FPS
Added console command “UI.DrawEnable” to hide UI for screenshots / videos

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 10:15 

Patch fixed the no icons bug for me. Everything seems to work fine now so far.

Post subject: THE FIX IS OUT!!! I just
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 10:21 

THE FIX IS OUT!!! I just tested it...its working great...

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 12:16 

Works great in windowed mode, but nthing has changed with fullscreen mode? i was using the most recent nvidia driver but have just upgraded to the newest beta driver and still no difference! :(

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 12:27 

At work, tell me, has the patch resolved the excessive sun glare and lights issues.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 15:29 

Icons / glare is fixed ! for me it seems that with the latest ccc Drivers the performance has increased a lot aswell, really nice patch !

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 15:38 

I hope this fix's my crash's which were only related to BF3. Fingers crossed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next