Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 04:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 11:59 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey, Just tried This after EE patch and surround has stopped working...can anyone else confirm this? I can't remember whether I needed to do an .ini hack or something :-/

Post subject: For the record, Enhanced
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 16:57 
Editors
Editors

For the record, Enhanced Edition breaks nVidia Surround too.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 17:14 

For the record, Enhanced Edition breaks nVidia Surround too.

Let's hope they fix both solutions then.

[quote]Just tried the Enhanced Edition patch and Eyefinity doesn't work now either. And the horrible stuttering is still there.

I was looking at the steam/witcher 2 forums and it looks like NVidia surround doesn't work anymore

Just posted on The Witcher 2 forums about no eyefinity support in EE version, post and give me support.

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29359-still-no-eyefinity-support/#entry803838

I might join in later. Lost my hope for CDPR but might get my interest back depending on how they solve the missing Surround for Geforce-cards.

Antec Mini-P180, Corsair AX-750W, Asus Rampage II Gene, i7 920, Noctua NH-U12P + 2x Scythe SlipStream, Kingston HyperX 12GB, X25-M G2 80GB, 750GB HDD, Radeon HD6970 + AC Accelero Xtreme Plus, 3x HP ZR24w in Eyefinity, Filco Majestouch-2 (CherryMX Brown),

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 19:03 
Insiders
Insiders

Most crappiest game coded ever:
- Low performance
- No Eyefinity support at all.
- nvidia surround wasn't working properly in the 1st place
- poor 3D Vision support for a 3D Vision title?!?!?!
- Patch after patch after patch doing nothing

Enhanced edition came:

- No surround
- Incompatibility with .NET 4 because they dont know how to code
- Download additional 4GB patch (Critical horsesht) as they call it that breaks support with Steam

= The most awesome game ever created.... they should be ashamed!!!!!!!!

== Game in garbage can!

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 22:13 

Sounds like they broke nVidia Surround as well now http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29221-tw2-ee-nvidia-surround-not-working/

Wasn't particularly hopeful that the EE would improve their trash graphics engine and it sounds like they in fact managed to make it worse, so I won't be bothering to pay any mind to CDPR projects in future as they're clearly pretty clueless. Why they have such a good reputation is beyond me.

Edit: Go me for reading the entire page before posting heh

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 00:07 
I Donated
I Donated

Most crappiest game coded ever:
- Low performance
- No Eyefinity support at all.
- nvidia surround wasn't working properly in the 1st place
- poor 3D Vision support for a 3D Vision title?!?!?!
- Patch after patch after patch doing nothing

Enhanced edition came:

- No surround
- Incompatibility with .NET 4 because they dont know how to code
- Download additional 4GB patch (Critical horsesht) as they call it that breaks support with Steam

= The most awesome game ever created.... they should be ashamed!!!!!!!!

== Game in garbage can!

Ouch, this is surprising coming from you! But one the less, it's been an entire year, and CDproject RED still hasn't solved the surround problems.

Wow, if they need advice, they should just ask us!

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 11:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Well :)) Yeah... it was also a BIG surprise to see that they broke the Nvidia Surround :( but before that I needed to download a 4GB patch to make the game work and get rid of the error 142 since I have the Steam Edition:( SO after Updating to Enhanced Edition and wasting 2h to figure it out why I get errors 0x05 and 0x142 apparently this is a known compatibility problem with .NET 4. Funny I have other programs that use net 4 and dont have any problems.

So after digging I found on their forums that this is a known problem and I needed to download a 4gb patch that broke all integration with Steam...(no achievements, no updates, no cloud etc).

I did that also..only to see 1Xscreen resolution is supported.. You can imagine how I felt when 1 week ago it was working fine....

So if installing a game takes this MUCH damn hassle and then just breaking a perfect working previous functionality...what can I say?:)) Usually developers add to software not remove functionality...

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 12:10 

Well :)) Yeah... it was also a BIG surprise to see that they broke the Nvidia Surround :( but before that I needed to download a 4GB patch to make the game work and get rid of the error 142 since I have the Steam Edition:( SO after Updating to Enhanced Edition and wasting 2h to figure it out why I get errors 0x05 and 0x142 apparently this is a known compatibility problem with .NET 4. Funny I have other programs that use net 4 and dont have any problems.

So after digging I found on their forums that this is a known problem and I needed to download a 4gb patch that broke all integration with Steam...(no achievements, no updates, no cloud etc).

I did that also..only to see 1Xscreen resolution is supported.. You can imagine how I felt when 1 week ago it was working fine....

So if installing a game takes this MUCH damn hassle and then just breaking a perfect working previous functionality...what can I say?:)) Usually developers add to software not remove functionality...

Best Regards,
Helifax

Have you tried the GoG-version? It's redeemable with retail copies at least, not sure about Steam-editions. Might not help you with your issue but maybe someone else at least. Nice not having to use the DVD's any more as well. =)

http://www.gog.com/witcher2/backup/

Antec Mini-P180, Corsair AX-750W, Asus Rampage II Gene, i7 920, Noctua NH-U12P + 2x Scythe SlipStream, Kingston HyperX 12GB, X25-M G2 80GB, 750GB HDD, Radeon HD6970 + AC Accelero Xtreme Plus, 3x HP ZR24w in Eyefinity, Filco Majestouch-2 (CherryMX Brown),

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012, 16:05 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello all,

Since I am such a bad boy:)) and blame companies for breaking functionality.. I thought : "What the hell..lets give it a try" :) So here it is: Surround/Eyefinity Support for the Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition.

PS: This is using the Steam Edition of the game. Since I cannot obtain a GOG version (steam doesnt list the CD-key..... -_-) if anyone is using GOG version please mail me the executable (and probably other files will be needed but not sure).

Like I said before, Screenies!

Best Regards,
Helifax

Now I just need to write a nice plugin;))

Attached files

Post subject: Awesome you fixed it!
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012, 16:21 
Insiders
Insiders

Awesome you fixed it! Seriously I have no idea what we would do without you and dopefish. Yes its mental what dev do with games lately it blows the mind. You heard that Deamon Souls for PC will limit the game to 30fps, wtf why would you do that?

Anyways I am going to send you the EXE of the D2D version, hopefully it will be fixable I believe they are all the same exe no matter where they come from they should have the same MD5(gog should be the same as Steam).

Thanks for your work helifax m/

Here is the exes, Game, Launcher, and config --> http://renewsoft.com/Witcher2_EE/TheWitcher2.rar (on my web site so anyone can check it out and do what ever)

Good luck, if you guys need any exe's just let me know I buy most of the new PC games that come out, been really busy with my work so have not been keeping up with wsgf if you guys need anything PM me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 53  Next