Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 04:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 19:01 

for anyone still experiencing UI stretching (or hoping someone has an easy fix for it):
I find that if I change my resolution to a single monitor rez (like 1280x1024) and then switch back to 5040x1050 fixes my UI...
It just sux that it's stretched horizontally every time I start up, and have to go thru this process, even double bad since I can't keybord thru the menu's and my mouse doesn't interact with the menus where they show up....

I might try that flawless widescreen app posted above - I just never bothered with 3rd party apps before. I prefer being able to tweak an ini file or something manually..

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 17:05 

Same issues like reizors.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2012, 19:59 

I can confirm what vsFirefox has said. When I set the resolution the first time, the game worked perfectly and all UI and cutscene FOVs were flawless. Upon restarting the game, it gets all stretchy and my mouse is not where it appears to be. By changing to the single monitor resolution, then back to the multi, it fixes everything and runs flawlessly again.

Does anyone have any idea how this might be tweaked or fixed to not need a rez refresh every time?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2012, 17:14 

When you all say that it's "working" -- is your HUD centered? I saw a video when they were showing the game off a long time ago in eyefinity with a centered HUD, but have been unable to get mine to center properly. Everything else seems fine, but the game just isn't playable without a centered HUD. I'm kind of afraid to try the fix for risk of being banned...

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2012, 22:37 

It does works, if you set the interface size on "normal".

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 02:39 

You could try the Camera/FOV tool I made for this game:

http://www.wsgf.org/forum/forums/gaming/mods-tweaks-tools-tutorials/23636/guild-wars-2-camera-tool

Post subject: NO NEED ANYMORE!!! Last
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2012, 14:00 

NO NEED ANYMORE!!! Last nights patch fixed this (for Nvidia anyway, not sure of AMD). Character creation and cutscene distortions are no more!!!! Also, Anet centered the chat window and the team info, so it's no longer on the super far left!!! Thank you ArenaNet!!!

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2012, 20:10 
Founder
Founder

I have checked and the fix is only for NVIDIA. The HUD is still spanned on AMD (which I actually prefer), but the character selection and cut-scenes are still unusable. I haven't had a chance to test the Widescreen Fixer on AMD yet. Since it previously "made AMD as good as NVIDIA", I'm guessing it will still do the same (possibly with an update).

Edit: I have validated that the Widescreen Fixer is able to correct the AMD experience, for all aspects - character select/create, cut-scenes, HUD and map. I preferred the multi-monitor map and the spanned HUD, but the fix for the character models is crucial.

Post subject: Portrait
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012, 21:39 

You could always rotate those monitors, game works fine in portrait mode at least for me. Its more immerse anyway since things like castle walls and trees actually have a sense of height.

Post subject: Hello,I can confirm that
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2012, 16:45 

Hello,

I can confirm that even using NVIDIA based cards, Full-screen mufti-monitor is still messed up for me.

I use:
3x EVGA GTX 580s with 3gb of ram water-cooled
3x Dell UltraSharp U2711 which are 27inch
Resolution: 4320x2560
Setup: Portrait Mode

I am having to resort to playing in Windowed Full-screen, which reduces my FPS. Whenever I go into Full-screen mode, my chat window, skill bar and mini map will attempt to squid to the center, but all 3 of them are horribly offset to the right which I cannot seem to fix. Besides, with Portrait Mode, the UI elements are fine where they are, just very small on my monitor size seeing as the UI doesn't scale very well past a certain resolution, which happens to be my native, so anything lower ends up looking horrible.

Whenever I open the World Map, both side monitors will completely black out, resulting in only the center monitor displaying the center section of the map and odd black frames, seemingly from the right monitor, are being pushed to the center.

I have tried to get ArenaNet to work with me since testing about all of this. It seems that they are attempting to resolve some of the issues. At this point I am wondering, could it be something from NVIDIA's side? Ever since before the game came out, I have gone over about 6 different NVIDIA drivers. Do you think it could be something in the control panel I could change to resolve some of these issues?

Thank you