Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 02:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2013, 02:00 

enforcer wrote:
i had the same issues like everyone else ui a bit off etc.

Weird enough sometime is was working. I got it work now by deleting my dsfix.ini creating a new one and readjust my settings.
It seems to work now. I have no idea what was wrong. I´ll upload mine if anyone is interrested.

What never seem to work is skipIntros i just leave it on

edit: im using dsfix 1.9 and the latest version of widescreenfixer

Im using this Ini and the latest widescreenfixer from the fixer's site and it works for me, havent played enough to see if the HUD fails, my save opens though and I can play

EDIT: Just did some testing with 2.0, and I can also enable the 60fps fix and its working fine.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 15:24 

Same problem here, if I select 21:9 resolution of my dell u2913 i get black screen UU'

I know that probably there won't be any update on the tool, so I could not play the game anymore.

No matter, this is the LAST game I buy that have not native ultrawidescreen compatibility

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 16:34 
Insiders
Insiders

zorranco wrote:
Same problem here, if I select 21:9 resolution of my dell u2913 i get black screen UU'

I know that probably there won't be any update on the tool, so I could not play the game anymore.

No matter, this is the LAST game I buy that have not native ultrawidescreen compatibility

Hey there, I am sorry to hear that it doesnt work for 21:9. Unfortunately I cannot test it since I cannot load a 21:9 resolution or force that aspect ratio from the driver:( I have no idea what to tell you how to make it work:(

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2013, 14:57 

Thanks Heli, I perfectly understand that you coders can't observe every single setting possible, for every patch of every game. The amount of work grows exponentially

I was simply posting just to see if anyone had found some kind of workaround.

Cheers

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2013, 20:48 
Insiders
Insiders

zorranco wrote:
Thanks Heli, I perfectly understand that you coders can't observe every single setting possible, for every patch of every game. The amount of work grows exponentially

I was simply posting just to see if anyone had found some kind of workaround.

Cheers

One question though: for all the other aspect ratios does it work?

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2013, 14:20 

No. If I select nVidia, game CTDs just before starting. If I select AMD, fix seems to do nothing. Tried both, auto-detect and manual, on almost every resolution and aspect ratio available in game config.

Should you need any more information, please ask.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2013, 14:47 
Insiders
Insiders

zorranco wrote:
No. If I select nVidia, game CTDs just before starting. If I select AMD, fix seems to do nothing. Tried both, auto-detect and manual, on almost every resolution and aspect ratio available in game config.

Should you need any more information, please ask.

Wha??? wait..what plugin are you using??? Dark souls has no selection between hardware.... only witcher 2 plugin has;)) are you trying witht he correct one?:)) :nudgenudge:

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2013, 17:11 

LOL sorry, I was writing here and at The Witcher 2 post, and posted here what I wanted to post there xD

About Dark Souls: No, I have tried several combinations. For example, selecting 1680 x 1050 (16:10) in game, and 1920 x 1080 (16:9) in fixer, does not expand the image, nor correct aspect ratio. In other words, fixer seems to have no effect at all, at any given resolution or aspect ratio.

Shall I do more testing, please ask.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 20:04 

My question doesn't pertain directly to multi-monitor gaming, but I figured if anyone could help me, it would be you folks.

This game has letterboxing for 16:10 resolutions. Flawless Widescreen used to work in fixing that, with some horizontal loss, which was great. However, with the late december patch, it stopped working.

The current fix for multi-monitor settings is with Widescreen Fixer, but their solution doesn't work so well with 16:10, and instead of the horizontal loss, what we get is stretching.

Is there anything that can be done so that the Widescreen Fixer solution behaves more like the Flawless Widescreen one, resulting in horizontal loss for 16:10 resolutions?

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 23:58 
Insiders
Insiders

Malquem wrote:
My question doesn't pertain directly to multi-monitor gaming, but I figured if anyone could help me, it would be you folks.

This game has letterboxing for 16:10 resolutions. Flawless Widescreen used to work in fixing that, with some horizontal loss, which was great. However, with the late december patch, it stopped working.

The current fix for multi-monitor settings is with Widescreen Fixer, but their solution doesn't work so well with 16:10, and instead of the horizontal loss, what we get is stretching.

Is there anything that can be done so that the Widescreen Fixer solution behaves more like the Flawless Widescreen one, resulting in horizontal loss for 16:10 resolutions?

The plugin is not meant to alter the behaviour of single screen resolutions...It is intended or Multi-Screen resolutions only.

Best Regards,
Helifax

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next