Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 18:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2013, 00:16 
Administrators
Administrators

Not exactly gaming related per-se, but I just got an e-mail from them:

Quote:
The biggest new feature is the addition of Monitor Splitting. This is an incredible new feature that allows people using nVidia Surround or AMD EyeFinity to virtually split their spanned desktop into virtual monitors. Seperate taskbars, wallpaper, window maximing and more. No need to disable EyeFinity or Surround when you're done gaming, DisplayFusion will take care of your needs.

I'm checking it out now, and it does indeed seem to do what it claims to. Might be a good replacement for the Matrox software some are using, and it has a lot more features than just that.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2013, 12:34 
Editors
Editors

Been using DisplayFusion for over a year now, and the addition of features like this (which is something nVidia should have added in drivers long ago) really make it worth the money.

...not that it wasn't already, of course.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2013, 00:51 
Insiders
Insiders

I started out with displayfusion when using multimonitors, but I went to Ultramon instead. Less problems, and it gives a more native feel to the extended taskbar than displayfusion.

Also, this feature means it needs to disable the division of virtual monitors when launching a game in order to work: A lot of games you don't want to launch in eyefinity because of problems, and if it's really bad, it spans your 1920 resolution over the length of three monitors. No thanks, just using win+P to change between eyefinity and extended desktops is still much easier.