Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 20:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2015, 07:10 

HaYDeN wrote:
I'll have to look into it, looks like a bug on my side - altho I really have to ask, haha, why the hell are you still running Windows 7.

Two reasons:

1) I worked at MS while 8.0 was in development. Everyone had to use it. What I developed was a hatred for 8.0. 8.1 was better, but at that point I wasn't interested.

2) I'd upgrade to 10 right now if it weren't for nVidia's awful drivers of late. I run four-way SLI of the older GTX 680's, across three Surround monitors, and support for marginal users like me has become likewise marginal. I read their forums and win10 support for even very recent legacy cards is anything but stellar. I'm looking at switching to a single 980ti and maybe a single 21:9 monitor just to get rid of the headaches. I'm not sure it'll be a whooole lot better, but at least the SLI factor is out of the equation.

So, yeah, there's why. Otherwise I have no issues with switching to 10. I'd actually like to, since VS2015 prefers to run on 10 and I'd like to play with VS2015.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2015, 07:16 

By the way, you're right that Win7, 8, and 10 use differing methods of allocating the process memory space. Usually it's an attempt to make the naughtier forms of code injection more difficult. I actually just tried diddling with the mitigation bits for this app. I could make it slightly random, but only in a small range near what we've been seeing. I couldn't get it noticeably higher than that. Specifically disabling the feature just gave me what I already had, since it's the OS default.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2015, 08:51 

HaYDeN wrote:
OK it is using a range much lower than where the rest of the OS is living - which different from later versions of Windows.

I'll have to look into it, looks like a bug on my side - altho I really have to ask, haha, why the hell are you still running Windows 7.

Actually a lot of people still using windows 7 for many reasons. 1- most hate the metro interface, even though you can change it some what. 2- last stats showed that only 7% the computers in the world still running win 10. Might be lower now as that was about a month ago sats, they were steadily dropping 5% a month for a while.
P.S. wont get into any chat from anyone over any reasons of Win 10, what ever side me or others reside on.

Followed your steps and does not work for me in Fallout 4 :( tends to randomly crash when starting up game though.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2015, 22:06 

Just wanted to report that in windows 10 x64 it's working well, stable after hours of play. My only issue is some graphics artifacting on the compass, and the crafting interface displaying small images. Just minor things considering the whole. My thanks.

@Daimond, Metro is gone in 10, not sure what you are talking about with that.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2015, 08:58 
Insiders
Insiders

Aiken Drum wrote:
By the way, you're right that Win7, 8, and 10 use differing methods of allocating the process memory space. Usually it's an attempt to make the naughtier forms of code injection more difficult. I actually just tried diddling with the mitigation bits for this app. I could make it slightly random, but only in a small range near what we've been seeing. I couldn't get it noticeably higher than that. Specifically disabling the feature just gave me what I already had, since it's the OS default.

I tested it in a VM, WIndows 7 x64 - worked fine... address behaviour was the same as you found...

Must be something specific to your system.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2015, 17:32 

Haven't had a chance to play it extensively yet, been busy with xmas stuff, but I can report here too that the FWS fix seems to be working perfectly for me so far. Windows 10, 64bit, 5760x1080. Much appreciated! Haven't come across a menu yet that hasn't looked great.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2015, 18:14 

Hey everyone! Just found this thought I would share. For those annoyed with the vignette, darkening of power armor....Check this mod out.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/ ... w%3D&pUp=1

Will try today but wanted to give everyone a heads up! Been looking for this for a while to get a clean looking power armor interface.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2015, 20:13 

Hey gang. Lost track of progress of flawless widescreen fallout 4 support. Looks like beta is out? I am a long time Hayden supporter but got busy with Xmas. Can a kind soul please point me to the newest version?

And is there a guide on undoing the changes we made while waiting? :-(

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2015, 20:46 

man Ive had some time to search around today.

BTW - thanks for the amazing interfance.ba2 file. Makes the game playable! Will try the flawless fix ASAP when I get a chance.

Helifax, the other WSG guru - posted this on the nvidia forum. Might be worthfile for those of you with sli gaming rigs. Unfortunately I have crossfire :(

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... d-others-/

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2015, 23:32 

I just installed Hayden's plugin and I seem to be having problems with the HUD as well =(.

I removed all the changes to the ini files and extra interface files I put in for previous fixes and used Steam to check all the files again then I edited the Faullout4Prefs.ini to change the resolution to 5760*1080 and ran the game with FFS running and the plugin installed. FFS' console says it detects the game and applies all the fixes, I can see things like the dark green boxes appearing where they are supposed to be showing up and and all that seems to work well but I don't see any text during the loading screens (just the image) and once in game the only HUD element I can see is the compass at the bottom. I can't see the HP or AP bar, can't see the ammo and not even the flashlight icon when it's turned on.

Here's a screenshot of what I can see in the game:
http://i.imgur.com/2LTPcCn.jpg

Here's an example of a loading screen:
http://i.imgur.com/eYTNZcc.jpg

And a couple screenshots of FFS:
http://i.imgur.com/jhiQndI.png
http://i.imgur.com/qEweFFm.png
http://i.imgur.com/MZlO1Hx.png

Any thoughts? Am I missing something?.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 77  Next