Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 08:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2009, 00:35 

I've tried getting it going by reading the stuff in this thread. It's a bit of a confusing mess. :) No luck. Is there a method for adding custom resolutions to Doom 3? When I have Eyefinity set and start the game it dumps the Eyefinity grouping and runs 3 clones.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 13:10 

My problem is with (steam version of) Prey
i tried the cfg.file changes, the dlls Paddy posted on the first post and even through optimizing from the SGU
My problem is I only get it showing on 2 monitors(the right 1/3rd of the game is cut off)

Paddywak EDIT ... Removed config as it turnrd out it was unnecessary and very long ... 8)

sorry for the spam i was hoping there's something in my cfg file that would point out why i'm only seeing 2 screens

im using windows XP(sp3) with a 9800gx2(195.62 driver) vid card and e8400 cpu

maybe i messed up the correct sequence of applying all the changes?is there one?

thank you for reading this

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2009, 16:25 
Editors
Editors

seta r_mode "16"
Try with seta r_mode "-1" + Paddy's dll. Not sure it works with the Steam version though.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2009, 17:55 

[quote]seta r_mode "16"
Try with seta r_mode "-1" + Paddy's dll. Not sure it works with the Steam version though.

yea i don't know why this latest con-fig had that as 16,the multiple attempts i made had it at -1

maybe the steam version just wont take :(

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2009, 22:49 

Ended up buying the CD version
installed>patched to 1.4>ran game in 1280x1024>applied SGU optimization>ran game again(got my infamous only2 screens again
checked config file(all good) replaced original DLL with Paddy's 1.4 version>ran game again,same 2 screens (only)

:doh

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2010, 01:04 
Editors
Editors

Don't forget to set the dll to 'Read only' or the game will reset it automatically! Also the SGU optimization is NOT required at all.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2010, 14:36 
Editors
Editors

Kinesis ... check out the last post on page 3 by Mach1.9pants ... he had a similar problem ... maybe it will help.

w00t sorted! It was the fact I have the matrox desktop management to have programs open in the centre screen- THEREFORE Doom3 opens offset to the right, none of the others seem to. Sorted the MOHA error as well...
Trap for young players, as the say :D

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 02:05 

Kinesis ... check out the last post on page 3 by Mach1.9pants ... he had a similar problem ... maybe it will help.

[quote]w00t sorted! It was the fact I have the matrox desktop management to have programs open in the centre screen- THEREFORE Doom3 opens offset to the right, none of the others seem to. Sorted the MOHA error as well...
Trap for young players, as the say :D

woot x2!
that did the trick,thanks Paddy and Mach :)

btw this worked on steam version

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 05:14 

ok... I think I missed something.. where is the download package fix for the doom3 RoE CD version? I have been messing with this for about an hour now and I can't figure out how to fix the FOV.. I set everything as listed about a hundred times in this thread, have the custom .dll installed (ro mode)... I still get a squashed image of everything in Doom3 RoE.. I'm also interested in fixing Classic Doom for Doom3, but one thing at a time here. ;) So I am guessing I need to find this package with the .pak files in it and get those installed?? where can I DL them?

edit: nm.. I think I figured it out.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2010, 16:55 

Hi Mobster,
if it's not too much effort do you think you could apply the FOV fix to the Novint Falcon MOD for Doom3? It's a MOD that let;s you use the Falcon as a controller but it has it's own game86.dll which is not interchangeable with yours. If it's a matter of putting it into a hex editor and editing a few bytes, do you think you could manage this for the Falcon community?

Really appreciate your help in this matter. It's a shame to have to choose between more immersive controls or view.

Best regards,

Rob

Edit : how rude of me to ask for help and not include the file for you. Here it is

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BFEBQ0T8

EDIT : Never mind. Followed paddy's instructions and fixed it myself. Happy camper here.

Does anyone know how to combine mods for doom3 though as I'd like to get the falcon and ambx mods to play nice with each other?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next