Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 08:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Far Cry 2 ...
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 19:20 

Welcome to the forum ... 8)

Thanks :) Been a lurker here since I first bought the triplehead analog edition last summer. This site has been an invaluable guide and source of fixes for surround gaming. I've added a massive rant on the xkcd forums as well about this field of view issue and the rest of my experience trying to get farcry 2 to work yesterday. That site gets massive hits so hopefully it climbs the google search quickly too.

ED: Hahaha, its actually #1 for "far cry 2 field of view" :D

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 21:09 

Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm a dumb ass but when I change my desktop rez to 1280 X 1024 to use a single monitor and then set the rez to the same in the game settings, the game starts in a window and I can't seem to maximize it at all.
I'm really hoping that I've totally overlooked something. Please help :(

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 21:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm a dumb ass but when I change my desktop rez to 1280 X 1024 to use a single monitor and then set the rez to the same in the game settings, the game starts in a window and I can't seem to maximize it at all.
I'm really hoping that I've totally overlooked something. Please help :(

I kept having the same problem everytime I changed the rez in-game and hit 'accept'.... small black window with music playing.

The way I got around it was to edit the profile GamerProfile.xml in your My Games folder (at least that is where it is in Vista). I actually changed the resolution in the two places I found them in that file and that fixed it for me.

Hope that helps,

Wazoo

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 22:19 

I saw the resolution in that file 3 times ... changed them all to desired rez, then changed desktop to 1280X1024.
Started game, same thing, opens in a window .... fully playable but in a small box ... LAME !
Thanks Wazoo ... Any other ideas ?

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 22:53 
Editors
Editors

Any other ideas ?
It works for me without going into a window so I haven't tried this but how about changing the ... Maximized="0" to ... Maximized="1" in that config file ?

EDIT ... use alt+enter to switch to windowed mode and back ... :)

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2008, 21:01 

Just want to throw in that during the previous attempts prior to RACER_S's glorious true fix I was messing with that gamerprofile file and ended up in a situation where the game would load in 3840x1024 but the game play was relegated to the left panel each time, making me manually toggle the resolutions on each load to get content on all three screens again.

I managed to do that by setting the Maximized to 1, once I turned that back to 0 life is good and the game naturally loads to full triple and displays across all three again by default.

Just in case anyone else was doing the same and met the same situation.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2008, 01:46 

Thanks for the ALT-ENTER Shortcut ... I should have remembered that from my FS days but didn't, anyway, thanks again and even better now I see there's a fix :)