Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 15:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2009, 13:33 

By the way, you can change my setup.
either you use the strafe keys to set the fov (the fov wont jerk when changing direction in a vehichle)
or you use forward or backward keys ( this will work better when sprinting and using strafe keys at the same time.)

I hope they come out with a patch that let the user chose fov freely.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009, 23:37 

After modifying the FOV my key/mouse stopped working, don't understand what's going on...........and honestly didnt quite understand what was the fix to this issue two pages ago...elaborate pls?

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009, 18:14 

After modifying the FOV my key/mouse stopped working, don't understand what's going on...........and honestly didnt quite understand what was the fix to this issue two pages ago...elaborate pls?

OK I try.

About the mouse, i hope you backed up your *.ini files before changing in them? does the mouse work again when you revert to the original state?

My suggested key bindings, is a way to change the FOV (field of view) so you don't need to play "zoomed in" when using triplehead2go and 3 screens.

Changing the FOV with ust one key, would be enough if the game makers didn't programed the game in such a way that they change the FOV when sprinting and using a vehichle.

When sprinting the fov increases from the normal game FOV (orginal or what you chosed in the key binding).

That means when you using a FOV greater then 137 decrees, the FOV when sprinting will increase so much that the game 3d engin will not handle it properly.
So the view will turn up side down and look as your running in warp speed.

So to fix this you bind a lower FOV setting to your sprint key, let say FOV 100.

In that way you can play with FOV 143. and when sprinting the fov will not invert.

but after sprinting you want FOV 143 again, so you must bind that FOV setting to forward, backward and strafe keys (not all of them if you dont want).

Then the FOV will revert to 143 as soon as you stop sprinting and hitting some of the other keys. In that way you don't need a special key for reverting the FOV.

My example have the revert keys on forward, backward and some other keys, but not the strafe keys because some time i touch the strafe when sprinting.

If they patched the game, they just had to make it possible to disable the FOV changes when sprinting and using a vehichle.

Hope this helps you in some way.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009, 21:25 

Still i dont understand why my controls stopped working after i added that line to the ini, i will try now your setup.

UPDATE: whatever change i make to willowinput.ini it messes up with mouse and basic controls...i don't understand it...

FU lazy devs.

UPDATE: I don't know if this has been tried or what anyway i found something that works for me about the running problem with this modified line Bindings=(Name="LeftShift",Command="advancedbutton bAdvancedButtonAux6 | FOV 105 | OnRelease FOV 135").
While it might not be perfect it is bearable.
Would be great if i could bind it to W+Shift rather than just to LeftShift...

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009, 10:33 

how about veichle? no solution already ?

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009, 11:00 

Didnt make it that far, spent most of the time finding a compromise for surround.
I ended up using the "OnRelease" on the forward button only to restore wide fov and the LeftShift to run just to activate the narrow one.
Best compromise for me.
Too bad had to turn off dinamic shadows to have a more than 20 fps in triple mode ;_;

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009, 16:57 

Still i dont understand why my controls stopped working after i added that line to the ini, i will try now your setup.

UPDATE: whatever change i make to willowinput.ini it messes up with mouse and basic controls...i don't understand it...

FU lazy devs.

UPDATE: I don't know if this has been tried or what anyway i found something that works for me about the running problem with this modified line Bindings=(Name="LeftShift",Command="advancedbutton bAdvancedButtonAux6 | FOV 105 | OnRelease FOV 135").
While it might not be perfect it is bearable.
Would be great if i could bind it to W+Shift rather than just to LeftShift...

You have to keep the sprint key down as long your sprinting in this case i guess?

BTW I discovered that it is possible to use negative FOV. Just hasen't worked out how to use it in a good way.
It turns the picture up side down.
Was thinking about using it in some way to counter the up side down effect when having high normal FOV.

Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="FOV -110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009, 17:51 

Yes but then in some cases where i was releasing LeftShift before the forward button i'd get tunnelled vision for a moment wich can become distracting to say the least so i changed the forward key to activate both on press and release 140 fov and LeftShift only to activate 110 on press so that when i am i run mode i have the same ammount of fov i have in normal mode(running makes it +- 30 more degrees thus -+140), when i stop running alas i release forward button it automatically goes back to normal 140 fov.
I found this way much less distracting and nausea inducing :)
The surroundings and immersion are SO nice i can't possibly think of playing single monitor...i just wish Eyefinity had bezel management already...

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009, 20:25 

Yes but then in some cases where i was releasing LeftShift before the forward button i'd get tunnelled vision for a moment wich can become distracting to say the least so i changed the forward key to activate both on press and release 140 fov and LeftShift only to activate 110 on press so that when i am i run mode i have the same ammount of fov i have in normal mode(running makes it +- 30 more degrees thus -+140), when i stop running alas i release forward button it automatically goes back to normal 140 fov.
I found this way much less distracting and nausea inducing :)
The surroundings and immersion are SO nice i can't possibly think of playing single monitor...i just wish Eyefinity had bezel management already...

ah release on forward..... why didn't i think about that hehe. thanks friend:).
will try it now

the bezels isn't a big problem i think. i got used to it very fast. just drive around in GRID for a couple of hours or some Quake3 or some other fast game, then you never have to think about it again;).

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2009, 16:41 

Usually it is not a problem untill the main character gets sliced in half in some games with a close camera angle such as Dead Space for instance.
The best solution for me was what SoftTH pulled off...the matrox one was kinda cheap and clumsy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next