Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 01:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: il2 with eyefinity
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2009, 00:35 

Ok confirmed that. When I change it to DirectX I get no mouse. So not sure why your mouse isnt there in open GL. Have you tried to alt tab out and then back in? My ARCA game starts pushed way off to the right but as soon as I alt tab out and back in, it centers up.. Oh just another thing and I have no idea if it means anything. At the bottom with all the resolutions....should you not have a 1200x1600x85(?) entry?

I dunno, Im using vista64 so maybe that is part of the problem? I have tried all that you suggested and still no luck :(

It wont even start the game if I select directX, and when it gets to the selection menu the pointer is there, but the second I move the mouse it dissappears!

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2009, 00:47 

Thats exactly what was happening to me but only when i chose DirectX. As soon as I went back to openGL the mouse worked. Strange.
I have Win 7 64 but have no idea if that makes a difference. I dont know what else to try. The mouse issue is a mystery to me.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2009, 06:21 

well the weird thing is, without even installing any of the SoftTH stuff it still does the monitor skewed and mouse pointer thing which is very bizzare. Basically, I cannot even play the game normally!

Now I would say that maybe this is a ati 5870 driver issue, however, I was able to play il2 with the 5870 normally before I changed my mobo out and completely reinstalled my vista os!

I dunno, gonna give up on it for now :(

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2009, 15:03 

Sorry I couldnt help. Im assuming that without the softth files your mouse works? Is IL2 the only game that gets skewed to the right? What if I sent you my entire conf file and you copied and pasted? I have 2 IL2s one my hard drives. One for experiment and one stock. Sometimes I have to copy and paste the conf that works to get my experimental one working again. I was thinking about getting the 5870 but dont want to run into a bunch of problems.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2009, 22:24 

Sorry I couldnt help. Im assuming that without the softth files your mouse works? Is IL2 the only game that gets skewed to the right? What if I sent you my entire conf file and you copied and pasted? I have 2 IL2s one my hard drives. One for experiment and one stock. Sometimes I have to copy and paste the conf that works to get my experimental one working again. I was thinking about getting the 5870 but dont want to run into a bunch of problems.

thats ok, i have the stock conf file save, this and over flanders fields are the only two games I have tried. I was going to try crysis but my samsung cd drive does not like the drm on the crysis disk and I am too lazy to hook up my portable cd drive to check it out. basically i only use the cpu to play il2 and off, but off has me completely wrapped up right now that i am not really bothered by il2

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2009, 15:13 

Hi

I was able to get IL-2 working fine with TH2Go, however sometimes the San's FOV changer will not work. Not sure what's happening there. I double checked the IP and port, etc. And yes, I have made sure it was enabled. But sometimes it just will not work. Other times it will :?

For Crysis, I had to get a no-cd fix. I too had some problems with the disk. Everytime I would leave the disk in the drive, when I would turn on my pc, it would hang during boot up. Even though I had the bios set to boot from the HDD. The Crysis disk is the only game disk I have that would do this. When I was playing Test Drive Unlimited, I left it's disk in the drive for months, for example. No trouble at all.

If you like OFF, you owe it to yourself to try Rise Of Flight. It's fantastic.